From the only Deaf-owned VRS provider comes the most natural calling experience for deaf and hard of hearing people. We believe that you should always maintain ownership of your call, and we achieve this through our highly-qualified interpreters and intuitive app design.
- Search function will pull up matching results in real-time as you type name or number.
- Hang Up button with two options: Hang up on the other caller and keep the interpreter, or end the connection altogether.
- Accessibility settings for sharper interface, zoomed in or out video, and button positioning.
- Voice Carry Over function for people who prefer to speak during VRS calls.
- Two-way messages function with your interpreter during VRS calls.
- Deaf Ecosystem Directory of over 800 listings of Deaf-owned businesses, Deaf professionals, and organizations and schools for the Deaf.
- Direct VRS Español for Spanish-speaking family and friends with no transfers.
- 911 button easily accessed in case of emergencies.
- Contact list that can be sorted by A-Z or Z-A, and using first or last name.
- Visual and customized ringing notifications with Philips Hue.
- Videomail with convenient callback or deletion capabilities.
- Internal Directory for all employees, Deaf or hearing, at workplaces.
- Contact lists and Call history can now be filtered using a dropdown menu instead of separate tabs.
- General bug fixes and crashes.
Ratings and Reviews
Convo is the only VRS provider that essentially meets all my needs as a DeafBlind consumer. I have Usher Syndrome but yet the features in Convo exceeds my expectations when it comes to the interpreters and ecosystem! Convo does not have any products to add other than the ones with IOS and MacOS, especially iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks - that’s what I like about Convo! The updated iOS app is awesome with the new features especially the 911. I feel the ownership of the choices I make in using Convo!!! I feel that Convo is my own personal VRS for life. 👊🏽✊🏽👊🏽👍🏽
I’ve been experiencing lots of problems with Convo app ever since it was revamped. Despite that my iPhone iOS has always been up to date, the revamped Convo app has been quite uncooperative. I could never answer the phone when it was on LTE. A support tech from Convo worked with me through this. And now even with WiFi, I am not able to talk to anyone when I answer the phone. This impacts my potential interviews. So disappointed. All my other apps work just fine. Not this Convo app. I hope that Convo will revamp once more because the old app actually worked better than this one.
Had to troubleshoot because I have T-Mobile
It keeps on saying "cannot connect" or loading for a long time before failing to connect to server so I can open the app. I troubleshooted the problem but it'd be nice to automatically have it all, not have to download a program to fix it
- Convo Communications, LLC
- 78.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 Convo Communications, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.