Chess Pro - with coach
By Christophe Théron
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
▻ Do you want to learn or improve at Chess?
▻ Do you want to master the most prestigious, the classiest game ever, while having fun?
Chess PRO is EASY, is guaranteed to improve your chess, and you will not have to read any boring lesson!
How does it work? It's really simple: you just play! The coach shows you the moves a Grandmaster would pick. Not just one move, but the 4 best moves.
Sounds silly? Well think about it... How did you learn to talk when you were a child? Did you take grammar and spelling lessons? Of course not. You just went with the flow! Because that's the most effective way to learn!
Chess PRO allows you to do just that, AND IT WORKS!
In two minutes from now you are going to start learning effortlessly. You start having fun immediately, and notice after just a few games that the right moves come to your mind naturally, as if they were obvious.
If it still sounds incredible, please read the reviews. Chess PRO has one of the highest customer satisfaction of the App Store!
Chess PRO is the only chess coach of this kind, and is also one of the MOST COMPLETE chess apps for players of all levels.
Chess PRO is a universal app, designed for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, including all Retina Display devices. Purchase it only once and use it on all your devices!
NEW: a collection of more than 4500 classical/historical games is included in the app! Watch a 13 years old Bobby Fischer defeat a grandmaster in the game of the century! Replay and enjoy the games of the greatest: Capablanca, Philidor, Steinitz, Lasker, Morphy, Fischer...
• The rules of chess are included and easily accessible for reference.
• Just tap on a piece and the app shows you its legal moves.
• If you play an illegal move, CHESS PRO tells you why the move is forbidden.
• Suggestions: Chess PRO can watch over your shoulder and suggest 4 excellent moves.
• Chess PRO can warn you when your opponent is about to play a very dangerous move.
• 50 trainer levels of increasing difficulty designed to improve your chess skills are provided.
• The chess engine is of very high quality, the guarantee to learn from a good professor.
• Naturally Chess PRO knows and applies perfectly all the official rules of chess.
• Both USCF and FIDE rating scales are supported.
• Chess PRO has the Chess Tiger engine built in. It is currently one of the strongest chess engines for mobile devices.
• On current devices it reaches an incredible 2900 Elo (world champion).
• Chess PRO (Chess Tiger engine) has been ranked twice as the number one chess engine on the SSDF list (the worldwide recognized and independent computer's rating list).
• You can save your games in collections and replay them later.
• You can exchange games with your friends very easily by email (send and receive).
• You can set up any position.
• The chess engine displays its thinking, up to 20 plies ahead.
• You can analyze a game by replaying it. Chess PRO tells you when a bad move has been played by coloring it in red. The 4 best moves in every position are colored in green.
• Chess PRO supports variations and allows you to test "What if..." scenarios without erasing your current game.
OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE:
• 15 gorgeous predefined visual themes that you can customize.
• 9 chess pieces sets (wood, ebony & ivory, metal, glass, …).
• 14 board styles (marble, blue marble, wood, metal, stone, …).
• A collection of more than 4500 famous games of the greatest players of all times.
• "Reload last game" allows you to retrieve the most recent game, even if you have forgotten to save it.
• 4 different playing styles, ranging from the quiet to suicidal, which you can apply to all the levels.
• Includes an opening book of more than one million moves (can be turned off).
• Many customization options (graphics, sounds, engine output…).
THIS APP IS "CLEAN": it does not display any ad.
What's New in Version 2013.09
This is a HUGE update!
- Compatible with iOS 7
- All optimal screen sizes and resolutions for all devices are supported.
- The trainer chess engine is much stronger (now goes to 3000 USCF Elo instead of only 2100).
- 22 new trainer levels, so the app now offers 50 trainer levels ranging from 100 to 3000 USCF Elo.
- New 2 players mode: the pieces rotate so that they always face the player who is going to play.
- A collection of Bobby Fischer's games (more than 800 games!).
- The maximum analysis time has been extended to 3 hours per move
- You can have suggestions automatically turned off after you have played your move.
- You can try to make an illegal move, and the app tells you why it is not legal.
- When you load a game, the app asks you if you want to see the start or the end of the game.
- You can hide the clocks.
- The app is more friendly for people with color vision deficiency.
- A new option allows you to say if you want to see what move comes next when you replay a game.
- The current playing mode is always displayed on the main screen.
- You can change the app's language independently of your device's settings.
- You can activate or disable the device's auto-off when you play chess.
- And a lot more…
- Improved iOS 7 support
- The Fischer collection has been updated and cleaned
Great Chess APP
This is my third review,
One of the great points of this application, if you go outside the lines in the opening, this chess program will quickly punish you, and therefore demonstrate why staying in the opening lines are so important..For example, you are are white and the chess program decides to play Sicilian defense, and you play out side the lines (Ever so slightly) you will pay for this...(The Rating was at 2000)...What resource in Chess, can you find dynamically why one should play along the lines!
This is my second review, this program is a fantastic trainer, and the range is dynamic, from very beginner to expert, make no mistake about it, few weeks with this program each day, will increase your level..Additionally there are games from history in the data base, it is neat to pull up a game from the 1800's and see how they played!
I have had amble chess computer programs, this one is the best so far.. I have played chess for 47 years, and International tournaments. This is a very good tool for learning, it will teach you quickly why the chess lines must be obeyed. And that is the key to chess, what is the penalty for not playing conventionally, and this trainer shows you very quickly why one must follow the standard and proven openings..
Yes, great trainer!
Great start, not sure about price
I have enjoyed this app but there are a couple of things that frustrate me for the amount if money I paid.
1. Please allow users to customize the bottom of the screen so that moves can be displayed without having to click on Moves\List Moves or whether it is every time. It is much more helpful seeing the moves as you play them in the board.
2. Likewise, please add something that let's us toggle displaying captured pieces. It is very helpful knowing what pieces have been taken at a glance.
3. Finally, I am a little unsure about how the coach works. Is it just the green suggested moves? What if I want to analyze a played game--will the coach show what would have been better moves? I guess a tutorial on some of this functionality would be helpful. It just didn't seem that intuitive.
Fantastic app but still room for improvement...
I really like this app because of the game collection, and that's the main reason I bought it over Shredder. It would be really nice if Chess Pro would have a Tal or Alekhine game collection. Puzzle solving is probably the main reason people buy Shredder so adding that would make this app perfect.
Overall, great graphics and gameplay. Great for playing against friends with 2 player or reading a chess book (you can play over the games and save them). Worth your money if you want a chess app to read books with and go over games but I would pay more if this app had tactics.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 11, 2013
- Version: 2013.09
- Size: 26.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Christophe THERON
- © 1994-2013 by Chris THERON
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.