Beat Twirl is a "beat slicer" app. The app lets you analyze existing sounds and detect their rhythm with its note onset algorithms. With Beat Twirl you can work with drum loops and rhythm patterns, easily enhancing them with additional percussion sound, or create new patterns.
"...a seriously handy tool for the ios musician." - audIOSaudio.com
"you can have a ball, and make some interesting things" - smitematter.com
Beat Twirl was chosen as one of the best iOS Audio Apps by iDesignSound (http://www.idesignsound.com)
With Beat Twirl you can:
• Change the tempo (time) of drum loops without changing the pitch.
• Analyze percussion patterns and find the underlying timing.
• Mix-in additional percussion sounds, or replace the original sounds
• Export single beats from a sound file.
How to use Beat Twirl?
• You can record yourself singing or clapping a rhythm, than add percussion instruments to the rhythm you created.
• You can extract a rhythmic/percussive section from a song and convert it to a loop you can play along with at different tempos.
• Mix-in percussion instruments to a song to enhance its' rhythm.
• Extract beat samples from a song for use with a beat sequencer.
• Import audio from your ipod library, using iTunes file sharing or using audio copy/paste from supporting applications.
• Record using an external mic or the built in mic.
• Universal app. UI designed iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Supports retina displays.
• Two spectrum based note onset detection algorithms.
• Manual slicing capabilities on top of the automated algorithm.
• Mix in percussion beats from a library of 300 samples.
• Export audio as wav, caf or aac. Export using audio copy, iTunes files sharing or email.
• Audiobus input/output support.
Fix and ease export:
- The return of the zip option fo slice export
- Integrate with the native Files app
Ratings and Reviews
Only 30 seconds import
I am very disappointed. It only allows you to import 30 seconds of music and it crashes constantly. This is a big waste of money and it does not deserved it. It's way too buggy. If I had walked into a store and bought this, I would definitely go back to get a refund. I just wasted $10 bucks for no good results. This is what I get for rushing. The images and the description got me. I hope you will learn from my mistake. Despite saying this, I still think that this has potential if the developers make it more stable with the ability to import an entire sound.
I was very excited when I heard about this app. Unfortunately it doesn't work as advertised. It doesn't work efficiently at all and doesn't transfer data between apps as advertised. As is it is basically useless, especially when it's crashing all the time. Waste of $10.
One of a kind, stable, well worth it
Continues to be an incredible tool.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.