Scout's ABC Garden
By LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LEARN LETTERS WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH! Puppy pal Scout can say your child’s name and favorite things as he teaches the ABCs and more. Progress reports in the app show the letters your child has learned – you can even receive learning updates via email, Facebook or Twitter.
And LeapFrog knows learning. We are a leader in education innovation—creating award-winning toys and reading and mobile learning systems that make play and learning even more fun. As a brand trusted by parents, valued by teachers and loved by children, our mission is to inspire a lifelong love of learning—one giggle at a time!
Visit leapfrog.com/iphone to watch a demo of Scout’s ABC Garden and to find more learning fun with Scout, Violet and friends.
PRAISE FOR SCOUT’S ABC GARDEN
“We 100% love this app. Like everything LeapFrog, the new Scout’s ABC Garden App for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch is top notch. “ - CoolBabyKid
“I love LeapFrog. They are always coming out with new innovative products for children. So it’s no surprise Scout’s ABC Garden has been a hit with my kids.” - E.Tales – The Mom Buzz
“What I love is it helps reinforce skills kids have learned, and they have fun.” - AmandaAcuna
“Scout’s ABC Garden app has educational features that one would expect from LeapFrog as a trusted name in learning tools for children.” - Leticia – TechSavvyMama.com
Featured in “Apps for Learning to Read”
App Store New and Noteworthy Educational Game 4/7/2011
• A rich preschool learning experience developed with education experts
• 3 personalized profiles, or play as a guest
• Customize puppy pals Scout or Violet to say & spell your child’s name and favorite things
• Grow fruit in the garden by tapping, swiping and shaking letters
• Uh oh! Gophers! Chase them from the garden in a silly, fast-paced counting game
• 3 interactive play yard screens with “tappable” surprises and learning opportunities
• Great children’s songs
• Visit the Parent Zone to see the letters your child has learned
• 5 learning awards for children to collect
• Receive email updates of all your child’s learning achievements
• Share your child’s learning achievements with friends & family on Facebook and Twitter
• Letter Names
• Letter Sounds
• Uppercase & Lowercase Letters
• Level 1 – Match letters and learn their names with on-screen help
• Level 2 – Identify letters by their name
• Level 3 – Match uppercase & lowercase letters, and learn letter sounds
• Recommended for ages 2 – 4
ABOUT SCOUT & VIOLET:
Scout and Violet are already beloved companions for millions of little learners. Parents, kids and experts all agree on their appeal. The Scout toys have earned the 2010 Right Start Best Toy Award, 2009 Toy Talk Award, and 2009 Practical Pre-School Award. In their first app, Scout and Violet continue to delight children and parents worldwide.
Note: Parents must create a child profile and submit an email address to take advantage of this app’s personalization features and share their child’s learning achievements via email, Facebook and/or Twitter.
Categories: Games, Literacy, Pre-School, Parents, LeapFrog
What's New in Version 1.0.3
- Updated personalization flow
- Fixed iOS 6 personalization crash bug
So bad that it should be removed from the store
I confess: I bought the app because I couldn’t believe that iTunes would sell something so defective and assumed that the other commenters just couldn’t figure out how to fix the screen. Wrong. The screen interface is defective on both the iPad Mini with Retina Display and the iPhone 5s from the moment you open the app, and there’s no way to fix it. As another commenter points out, there’s been no update from LeapFrog in a long time; the company doesn’t seem to care. iTunes should remove the product from the store.
On my iPhone 5 the image on my screen is cut off and I can't change it to landscape mode. When I turn my phone the image stays in portrait. This has made it so i can't personalize the app for my daughter because the area of the screen you need to touch to personalize isn't visible. Also, once you are in the game and get to the letter garden there is no way to get back to the main screen or main play area unless the option to do so is also cut off on the screen. This is not acceptable for a paid app. I will not be purchasing any more leapfrog apps.
Can't add more than 1 profile
I bought this app for my son a few years ago and we love it. I have been trying to add my daughter so that she has a profile also but I do the whole process and it says I have no Internet connection. I have tried to do it on wifi at my house and also when I am not on wifi through the AT&T network. I am very upset by this and so is my little girl! Help please!!!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 30, 2012
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 105 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc.
- ©2011 LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.