Final Cut Pro
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Completely redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro adds extraordinary speed, quality, and flexibility to every part of the post-production workflow.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• Assemble clips in the Magnetic Timeline without clip collisions or sync problems
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip.
• Perfect your pacing right in the timeline with the Inline Precision Editor
• Cycle through different shots, graphics, or effects at one place in the timeline with Auditions
• Edit multi-camera projects with automatic sync and support for up to 64 camera angles
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Work natively with a broad range of formats including RED, AVCHD, H.264 from DSLRs, and mor
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords on the fly as you select ranges in clips
• Smart Collections let you dynamically organize content and find any shot in a few clicks
• Final Cut Pro uses all the GPUs in your Mac for superior real-time playback performance and fast background renderin
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger projects and richer effects
• Background processing lets you keep working without interruption
• External monitoring lets you route video and audio through HDMI or third-party Thunderbolt and PCIe devices
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Preview effects to see how they look with your footage before applying them
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Control effects with precision using a keyframe editor that appears directly in the timeline
• Use third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces and dual-GPU support
Integrated Audio Editing
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Let Final Cut Pro repair significant audio problems such as hum, excessive noise, and more
• Sync DSLR video with separate audio in a single step, with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Improve the look of any clip with the single-click Balance Color feature
• Apply the Match Color feature to match the looks of two clips shot under different conditions
• Manipulate color, saturation, and exposure with the Color Board
• Fine tune color for a specific color range or area of the screen using keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Deliver projects for playback on Apple devices and websites such as Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook
• Use themed menus to quickly author and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc
• Export customized audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using Roles metadata
• Import and export XML to support third-party workflows
System Requirements: OS X v10.9 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K), OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K), 3.5GB of disk space.
Some features require Internet access; additional fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
What's New in Version 10.1.1
• Preserves media files if external drive or network is disconnected while consolidating a library
• Resolves an issue loading audio content in the Music and Sound Browser
• Fixes a stability issue when applying a Motion effect with Scroll Text behavior
• Faster switching between proxy and original/optimized media
• Improves Timeline responsiveness with very large projects
Introduced in Version 10.1
• Optimized playback and rendering using dual GPUs in the new Mac Pro
• Video monitoring up to 4K via Thunderbolt 2 and HDMI on select Mac computers
• 4K content including titles, transitions, and generators
• Libraries allow you to gather multiple events and projects within a single bundle
• Easily open and close individual libraries to load just the material you need
• Option to import media to locations inside or outside a library
• Automatically back up libraries to a user-specified drive or network location
• Project Snapshots let you quickly capture the project state for fast versioning
• Audio fade handles on individual audio channels in the timeline
• Add precise retime speeds by entering them numerically in the timeline
• Non-rippling retime option
• One-step Replace and Retime
• Custom project frame sizes
• Through edits displayed on all clip types
• Join Through Edit command removes bladed cuts to clips in the timeline
• Detach audio from Multicam Clips in the timeline to manipulate audio and video separately
• Make video or audio-only edits into the timeline with Multicam Clips as sources
• Blade and move audio in J- and L-cuts
• Roll audio with J- and L-cut splits open
• Option to hide the Browser to gain more screen space for viewing
• Native support for .MTS and .MT2S files from AVCHD cameras
• Used media indicators on source clips
• Improved performance with large projects
• Improved performance when modifying or adding keywords to many clips at once
• Easily move, copy, and paste multiple keyframes
• Option for linear animation with Ken Burns effect
• Improved image stabilization with InertiaCam and Tripod mode
• Import photos from iOS devices
• Proxy and playback quality controls accessible in Viewer menu
• Support for portrait/landscape metadata in still images
• Effects parameters, fonts, and text size included in XML metadata
• Improved support for growing media and edit while ingest
• FxPlug 3 with custom plug-in interfaces and dual-GPU support
• API for custom Share operations using third-party software
• Share directly to YouTube at 4K resolution
• Share directly to Chinese video sites Youku and Tudou
• Spanish language localization
Amazing Video Software
I am a more basic user when it comes to video editing, and this program along with Motion 5 has really increased my capabilities to create a masterpiece. I highly suggest this program for anyone that is debating to buy other types of video editing programs. Toast is outdated and does not look good on the MACs with Retina Display, and this has some amazing templates and features that I have not seen with even Adobe programs. Since I am not too talented I have purchased a few templates from a vendor for Motion 5 that I use to export to Final Cut Pro X. Let me say, the results are incredible. My movies look like a professional made them and yet I am a college student that doesn’t have much experience. I am so glad that I invested the money to buy this; now everyone is paying me to make slideshows for their weddings. If you want easy to use (easier than other video editing programs) high quality editing software that brings you amazing results… Look no farther. The $300 is well spent for sure. Purchasing Premiere Pro CS6 costs a fortune and even the CC version costs $20-$30 per month for as long as you want to use it. This software is cheaper after 10 months of use, and that sure goes by quick.
So after the iMovie update (Dumbed Down) I figured it was time for a real editing program. When I heard Pro got vamped up to make use of the new hardware available I decided to take the plunge since I purchased the 2013 iMac with the i7. Was going to go with the Mac Pro, but not happy with new design. My old Mac Pro will be used as server now. I know there has been some maoning and complaining about the changes, but if you didn’t use the old versions I don’t think you’ll feel the pain. I can relate to that by dealing with Logic Pro. All reviews I have read were spot on. Works like a charm for a newcomer such as myself. Love review comments on most websites… PC people crying about making it for Windows…Really? To be honest I made the switch to MAC just because I had always heard the Photography, Music, and Video side of life is what MAC is all about. I use Adobe Photoshop CS6, Logic Pro, and now Final Cut. To be honest now that I’ve been using Mac’s for about 3 years I can safely say, "I hate PC’s and Windows with a passion". I get it now. Just wish I would have gotten it back in the 80’s when I first started in computing.
Great Software, and the fun stuff you can do with it is sweet!!
Was VERY tentative about getting FCPX
I have been editing for over 10 years now. I was using a version of FCP6… I decided to give FCPX a try, hoping that the updates that have come out over the last few years this has been out has smoothed things over.
I don’t know what all the griping is about… I spent 1 day editing a project and I think I can edit just as fast on FCPX as I could on FCP6. There are certain things I miss about FCP6… but honestly it could be that I just haven’t mastered it yet. The pro’s out weigh the con’s. It is much faster and NO RENDERING. Hear that? NO RENDERINGGGGG!!!! I edited a project using a Canon 5D and a Panasonic HMC150… and I didn’t have to render one time. Think of all the hours you spent rendering… I give it 5 stars on that alone.
Maybe you can do more on the older versions… but do you realize there was a time when people actually cut film with scissors and glued them together to make cuts? The software you use doesn’t make or break an editor! I’ll take an academy award winning editor using iMovie than your pretentious self using Avid or whatever you think is the best program. But I digress.
Anyway if you are on the fence about it, I say buy it.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Jan 16, 2014
- Version: 10.1.1
- Size: 2.20 GB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011-2014
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor