Par Out Golf
By Endless Wave Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ready for an exciting new golfing experience? Something uniquely challenging, family-friendly and refreshingly uncomplicated? Then hit the links with Par Out Golf, “the greatest golf you'll ever play… with your fingertip!"
"The core gameplay of Par Out Golf is quite fun and offers more challenge than you might actually expect." - Blake Grundman, 148Apps (4/5 AWESOME DRIVE)
"Par Out Golf, an enjoyable twist on the golfing genre from Endless Wave Software." - Philip Michaels, Macworld (3½/5)
"For those who want something a little different, then Par Out Golf is well worth the green fees." - Steve McCaskill, Pocket Gamer (8/10 Silver Award)
"Par Out Golf is a superbly fun game, that while simple to learn (who doesn’t know how to draw a line) still offers players a challenging and different golfing experience." - Brett Nolan, AppAddict.net (4½/5)
"If you’re looking for a unique golf experience, Par Out Golf is definitely for you." - The Gamer With Kids
"The social and multiplayer options in this game are what puts it over the top as one of the best golf games I’ve played." - Touch Reviews (4½/5)
"Par Out Golf is a delightfully engaging game for golfers and non-golfers alike." - Hannah Camacho, AppAdvice (4/5)
Drive, hook and draw your way through two stunningly illustrated 18-hole courses using our unique style of game play. Here's a sneak “how-to” peak:
● Visualize your shot towards the cup. Just like the real thing, plan the simplest path that will get you on the green in the fewest number of strokes.
● Touch and hold the ball, and the fun begins! The clouds roll in, the fairway disappears, and then… you take your shot!
● Relying only on your memory and a steady finger, you must move the ball towards the cup while trying to avoid the shot-stopping trees and rocks, and penalty inducing water and sand traps. The hardest part is remembering where they are! Your shot can twist and turn in any way you'd like - the laws of physics don't apply!
● Finally, take your finger off the screen, the clouds push back, and you are left to jubilation, or, gut-wrenching heart-ache. It’s that simple!
● Be social! Play up to 4-players at a time on the same device, or use Game Center to go one-on-one against friends and other golfers from around the world.
● Play Par Out Golf over and over again! The game is never the same twice and certainly not as easy as it sounds!
● Unlock new courses and earn badges the better you play!
● Use Game Center to quickly invite others to play. Be on the fairway with friends in seconds!
● Family friendly! Play with your kids. Teach them the game of golf. Or, they may teach YOU a thing or two.
● Earn bragging rights and crush your friends. Watch the Game Center leader-board and track scores from all over the world.
● Uncomplicated. Challenging. Addicting. Social. Just like the real thing!
● Based on the award-winning Par Out Golf: The Links at “Pen”Hurst Board Game. www.paroutgolf.com.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Improved auto-zoom. Auto-zoom now leaves enough room to shoot around trees and rocks.
- When playing local multi-player you can now enter names for each player.
WHERE ARE THE UPDATES!!!!!!!
Is it just me or does multiplayer for Game Center not work? I have had this game for day one and I have yet to find anyone to play with. Are people playing this online or what? Let's play!
This is one of the most unique and clever golf games I have ever played and it also keeps my mind and fingers fresh. I really can't think of another golf game like this that is so challenging and so much fun for all ages. This is a great game if you ever wanted to practice your finger movements on your device to keep those lines where you want them and test your memory as well. I love that there are so many challenges and courses to the game but I'm really looking forward to future updates with more courses , obstacles and achievements. Having multiplayer is great but I'm really hoping this game becomes a huge hit so more people are playing so I can find games easier. I'm having so much fun with this games but there is so much more that can only make it better so I'm keeping my fingers crossed they keep working on this one because it deserves all of the attention in the app store. Check this app now and you will have a great time playing with the family, friends or all by yourself.
Oh my, what is wrong with me?
I am befuddled! Everyone is giving this game really high scores, but as much as I love most golf games I just cannot get excited by this one.
Basically, you take a look at the course, (don't forget to check the wind meter) place your stylus/finger on the golf club, then the clouds roll in leaving the whole course totally obscured, and then you have to draw by memory around the trees, curves, sand traps, etc, all the while guessing just how far a ball would go on a REAL course.
I think I would really love this game if the course wasn't totally obscured at drawing time, but obviously that is the object of the game. (using your memory and "seeing" the course in your mind.)
I'm going to keep TRYING to fall in love with this game, but I'm afraid it is hopeless. HoHum, different strokes for different folks, ya know! (pun intended-LOL)
Even though the game is just not my "cup o' tea" I'm still giving it four stars because it has a very unique game plan, the graphics are great, and the game is stable and very well made.((~.~))
Drawing shots is challenging
The pace of this game is perfect for my circumstance. Shots take concentration, but no more than 7 seconds of it. Games consist of more than single attempts though, which allows me to feel the anxiety and release of an extended challenge. Completing an entire course below par feels like an accomplishment.
The shot mechanic is one of those well executed uses of touch that only touch devices enable. After seeing an overview of the hole, the screen fogs up and you draw a ball path having to account for wind.
I really enjoy that meat-space interuptions don't harm my performance, but in order to do well, I have to pull off a lot of good shots. Good game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 20, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 82.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Endless Wave Software LLC
- © Copyright 2011 Endless Wave Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.