Mother Of All Battles
By Sean O'Connor
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Conquer the world starting from your single home city. Each city can build units (either tanks, planes, paratroopers, bombers, transports, destroyers, battleships, submarines or aircraft carriers) in order to explore the world and defeat your enemies.
There's a lot of AI in the computer's moves and every game the islands are randomly generated, so each game is interesting and challenging.
What's New in Version 1.4
- update to use the full size of the new 4" iPhone screen
I like it a lot!
This game has helped overcome my Strategic conquest from 15 years ago on the Mac.
Very engaging and I can spend hours on a game.
A few comments
1) no way to save/ resume a game. Game keeps on going until I win or surrender. Would like an option to quit a game.
2) movement shortcuts - too much tapping . Nearly every move must be tapped. Late in the game when you have hundreds of pieces, this is quite difficult.
3) game statistics - how many pieces I have, how many cities are producing armies, planes, destroyers and when will they be ready. No way to find this out without clicking on individual pieces or cities. No overview screen to gauge your progress against opponents.
The suggestions would make a very good game excellent.
Only One Complaint
I love this game and gave it a supportive 5 stars as it brings back the best of the Strategic Conquest genre of games. However, I have one BIG complaint for the developers: I'm colorblind and the contrast in colors is not enough at times--please help. Either give us color control of pieces or alter backgrounds slightly on pieces.
Other minor irritants that could be fixed to make it a better game experience:
- landscape mode on iPad
- crisper graphics and zoom
- efficient stack move
This is as good as it gets for old Strategic Conquest players ... Thanks for doing this app!
Great game. easy to learn and play but enough strategy to keep it interesting. Reminds me of strategic conquest.
I wish I could play against people instead of just the computer.
Also wish I could save one game and open another. If you are playing a game, that is all you can do until it concludes.
Over all I highly recommend.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 14, 2013
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 27.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sean O'Connor
- © 2011 Sean O'Connor
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Huge Maps Set$0.99
- Medium Maps Set$0.99
- Large Maps Set$0.99
- Lots Of Sea Maps Set$0.99
- Lots of Land Maps Set$0.99
- Maps That Wrap Set$0.99
- Tiny Maps Set$0.99
- Lots of Mountains Maps Set$0.99
- Lots of Woods Maps Set$0.99