Do people seem to mumble more than they used to? Do you find yourself asking for things to be repeated? Do you have trouble understanding a conversation in noisy or crowded areas like a restaurant?
You are not alone; over 36 million Americans have some degree of hearing loss, ranging from mild to severe. Some of the first clues that you may be experiencing a hearing loss are when you notice difficulty in noise, or it seems like people are mumbling when they talk. Contrary to popular belief, hearing loss does not just affect the elderly. In fact, the majority of people with hearing loss are younger than the age of 65.
SoundCheck is a hearing screener / sound level meter application created by Starkey Hearing Technologies that allows you to measure environmental noise levels and to quickly evaluate your own hearing to determine if it is within a normal range, or if you have potential hearing loss.
• Screening results are displayed in an easy-to-understand format as well as offering an option to obtain more detailed view to show results for specific areas of your hearing.
• Screening results are can be saved to track changes over time or for you to discuss further with a qualified hearing professional.
• Noise Check can measure environmental noise levels and includes information about common sound levels.
SoundCheck is a fun and convenient way to evaluate your own hearing and the hearing of your family and friends.
Support for iOS 9.
Ratings and Reviews
Worked Great, no account needed
This app worked great, reminded me of doing those hearing tests in school as a child when I would have to raise my hand every time I heard a sound. LOL. It doesn't make you set up an account and sign in to anything to take the hearing test or get the results. The results were also broken down very nicely with good info. Obviously not a replacement for a health professional but a good quick way to see how your hearing is doing if you are curious or worried you should see someone for further tests. I like the noise decibel meter too that lets you know the level of noise in your current environment and if it's safe.
Full results without providing email
Reasonably accurate audio gram with high, medium and low frequencies, totally free. Quick. Used before and after having a wax plug removed. Surprised at the difference.
No problems at all!
I know I probably should seek a professional either way but this app totally worked and gave me some interesting results.
- Starkey Laboratories, Inc.
- 72.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Starkey Laboratories, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.