ooVoo – Free Video Call, Text and Voice
By ooVoo LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With ooVoo you can make free, high-quality video calls, voice calls, and send text messages to easily connect with your friends and family. Make clear and crisp video calls with up to 12 people at a time, on any device. Try it now!
• Free Video Calls—1x1 or group video calls with up to 12 people at a time with integrated one-touch calling to easily move from a chat to video call. Change group name and picture. All for free.
• Free Text Messaging—Robust, in-app instant messaging to send text, pictures and videos, even during a call. Awesome indeed.
• Free Voice Calls—Talk to friends and family right next door or across the world for as long as you like.
• Address Book, Facebook & Whatsapp Integration – Easily invite all your friends to ooVoo by connecting with your Address Book, and Facebook and Whatsapp accounts.
• SuperClear™—Our patented technology, SuperClear™ automatically detects and adjusts for connection speed, which means less dropped calls on the same connection as other video chat apps.
• Superior Audio – Echo cancellation for crystal-clear audio.
• ooVoo works on any type of network - clear and crisp video chat, phone, and text over 4G, 3G, LTE and WiFi without increasing data consumption.
• ooVoo Everywhere – ooVoo is cross-platform so you can talk to all your friends anytime and anywhere. Always.
We’re excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, concerns or feature requests, email us at iOS@oovoo.com or follow us on Twitter @ooVoo.
- Contact us -
User support – Support.oovoo.com
Facebook - facebook.com/ooVoo
Instagram – Instagram.com/ooVoo
What's New in Version 2.3.2
- We added Facebook Messenger to easily invite friends to a crystal-clear video call. Tap Add Friends to send a quick invite now
- Fixed the top crash and stomped a bunch of bugs
I use this on my PC and IPod Touch. It is a great program but it lacks other bells and whistles that could really make it more enjoyable to use. I would have given it 5 🌟easily if features like a knock or nudge feature was there. It seriously needs more emoticons on the PC side. File uploads take WAY to long on the PC. And only one person at a time can use the HD feature on the PC. For those who want to try it on the PC. On the IPod, it fills in the gaps for video chatting. More features to have fun with would be nice though. I have noted a bit of instability on occasions. However when it does work it does so very well.
If you are running ooVoo on a windows based computer, make very sure you have enough ram to handle the overhead. Otherwise you will suffer poor performance as this program is a resource hog. This includes the registered versions. I also use it on my iPhone 5s. And there are times it is plagued with problems and other times it works very well.
It was good but now it's bad
Okay it was good when I first got oovoo but now since all theses updates it has been freezing up and ending the calls automatically with out anyone pressing the end call button and it lags so much that we have to end the call and call back just to fix the lagging... The people who made oovoo need to step up their game cause Skype is kicking game your butts by a long shot... I would choose skype over oovoo any day... So creators and such or whatever you want to call you people, you need to step up and get better graphics and do a lot of de-bugging... I would really appreciate that and I bet some of the other users would appreciate it too if you would do that... Thank you... I will be waiting for this update within the next 1-2 weeks... Once again thank you...
Does the job, but has issues...
Every member of my family paid for premium, and we are constantly blasted with notification saying ‘We miss you” or “Add your friends”. These alerts come through weekly making you think you have a message from a friend. Just SPAM! Get it together people. Learn how to respect your paying customers.
The UI also has a lot of issues. It’s complicated, and terribly designed. I have to walk my parents through it every time they want to use it. The icons and interaction design is awful.
Other than that, the service works well and once you’re in a call it does the job. However, as soon as Apple starts doing multi-party conferencing, this app will be irrelevant, unless ooVoo hires an actual product designer that knows what they’re doing.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 05, 2015
- Version: 2.3.2
- Size: 24.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: oovoo LLC
- © 2012 ooVoo, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- OOVOO PREMIUM ACCOUNT$0.99