By AquaMinds Software Corporation
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
NOTE: This version is compatible with OS X 10.7 or later
NoteTaker™ for OS X, first introduced in 2002, is a third generation information processor for individuals. NoteTaker combines the power of the built-in outliner with a visually rich notebook interface for organizing information and creating personal notebooks.
NoteTaker is foremost a personal note and idea organizer. You can make a list, create an outline or jot down an idea. But NoteTaker scales with your needs, enabling you to add, change, and organize your information as needed, no matter what form it takes - lists, outlines, paragraphs of rich text, audio, video, or even embedded live web content and flash animation, from one page to hundreds of pages.
NoteTaker's visual metaphor is a rich "spiral" notebook pages with section tabs. You can create your own custom notebooks, from basic outlines and checklists to complex reports and project binders.
Use it to communicate ideas. Organize personal information for fast retrieval. Keep a project or daily journal. Take notes in meetings and record synchronized audio lectures. Browse and clip web information to your notebook. Create a project plan or syllabus. Write a book! Used by thousands of individuals, students, teachers and other professionals worldwide, NoteTaker is software you'll use every single day.
NoteTaker now includes personal real-time sharing, a feature previously exclusive to AquaMinds NoteShare™. Instantly share a notebook, in a few easy clicks, with family members on other Macs at home, or read your shared notebooks from your iPhone or iPad while at home or on the road using NoteShare Mobile Viewer.
Please visit the AquaMinds web site at www.aquaminds.com/product.jsp for more information on NoteTaker.
• Full rich text editing including lists, tables, and substitutions
• Drag and drop image, movie, audio and other file attachments for inline playback
• Voice Memo recordings time-linked to text entries, with compression and voice activation
• Integrated live web browsing and search
• Clipping and Search Service support
• PDF and DOC import and viewing
• Built-in outlining with multiple pages and sections
• User-customizable Tags and Templates
• Easy hyperlinking to URLs, Voice Memos, notebook content, Pop-up Annotations, and AppleScripts.
• Automatically-maintained Index section for text, tags, document types, links and more.
• To Do List management
• Highlight and Summarize for gathering notes
• Navigation Drawer with History, Contents, and Notebook Libraries
• One-click emailing of notebooks and Page Folios
• Web Notebook™ creation and automatic updating for publishing to the web
• Real-time interactive sharing and collaboration
• Print pages, sections or entire notebooks to PDF
• Free NoteShare Viewer and NoteShare Mobile Viewer apps for sharing notebooks with others.
• Password protection with secure AES-128 encryption
• Spotlight, QuickLook, and VoiceOver ready
• AppleScript support
What's in your notebook?
• Science and medical researchers organizing project and lab notes
• Lawyers organizing cases and research
• Students organizing academic work and projects
• Teachers preparing and sharing class and courseware
• Creative artists authoring books, outlining new projects
• Project managers organizing details, plans and action items
• Executive teams outlining, organizing and preparing business plans
• Consultants tracking meeting notes, agendas and tasks
• Knowledge workers organizing, sharing and publishing information
• Family users organizing trips, planning projects or writing a journal
• Individuals creating their own custom notebooks
Also check out our proven collaboration products NoteShare and NoteShare Server. While including all the features of NoteTaker, these apps provide more powerful sharing capabilities for workgroups, schools or other institutions.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
NOTE: This version is compatible with OS X 10.7 or later
Fixed issues related to OS X 10.9 "Mavericks"
Fixed issue with favorite characters not appearing in Edit menu.
Fixed issue with zoom settings causing entry contents to not be visible.
Fixed crash on save when closing notebook after adding attachment.
Fixed issue with Contacts toolbar button.
Fixed issue saving new notebooks on certain systems.
BEST company support, beats any product on the market!
I have used this product since 2005. Aquaminds has provided, and consistently updated, the best notebook product available. Though no means the biggest, they have never lost their enthusiasm for the product NOR for the customer. While the OSX version underlying this product has gone through many changes, which for any developer can provide a guarantee of a palette of headaches, the folks at Aquaminds have solicited feedback, followed through on issues, and their support is remarkably timely.
As a product, it is unbelievably deep in features, but remains far more flexible than the average Apple Corp. turnout. And yet, it remains “conversational” with all the rest, allowing for easy sharing, both to and from the Notebook, with Mail, or Safari, or files created by word processors, image managers and document readers… and regardless of which platform (Apple, Microsoft or Linux).
Thanks to all at Aquaminds. There is no software that performs flawlessly, but there are few software companies that stand behind their products and customers like Aquaminds does.
Outline entries disappear while typing. Very annoying!
I have the current version of Notetaker for OSX (3.2.1). There is an annoying problem where the contents of an outline entry you are working on suddenly vanishes from the screen! There is also a related problem: when typing in an entry field, what you are typing spills outside the entry box and into the next box below. Both problems make it impossible to see what you are typing. The only way to make the text display properly is to flip to another page of the notebook, then back again. Of course, flipping back and forth between pages everytime you want to add a new outline entry gets tedious pretty quick. It makes Notetaker almost unusable.
Aquaminds claims there is a workaround: “set the Zoom level to 100%”. But I have done that and the problem remains!
I recommend against purchasing this product until Aquaminds fixes the problem. Or use an earlier version if you can.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 14, 2013
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 23.8 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AquaMinds Software Corporation
- © 2013 AquaMinds Software Corporation
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later