DM1 - The Drum Machine
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DM1 is an advanced vintage Drum Machine. It turns your iPad into a fun and creative beat making machine.
Easy and fast to use, loaded with 99 superb electronic drum kits and beautiful hyper-realistic graphics, DM1 has been designed for a lot of instant fun.
As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Fingerlab, have developed DM1 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy, overbusy interfaces.
Check our 99 electronic drum kits. 28 classic vintage drum kits plus 71 in-house produced electronic kits, edited and mastered at Fingerlab professional studio.
DM1 offers 5 main sections:
1 - THE STEP SEQUENCER frees your imagination with a smart use of the multi-touch screen. Just turn on and off steps in your sequence with the tip of your fingers to create cool beats, or unexpected rhythms!
2 - THE DRUM PADS simply lets you play and record the beat that tickles your fingers. No need to be a first-class drummer, automatic quantize does the work for you.
3 - THE MIXER for quick and subtle sound mixing of your drum kits. Featuring settings for volume, pitch, sample length, custom drum kit element for each channel, mute and solo mode.
4 - THE FX TRACKPADS a creative duo of FX trackpads to distort, modulate and transform your beats. The effects include: Overdrive, Delay, Reverb, Envelope follower, Phaser, Dub Delay, Formant, Texturizer, Robotizer, Filter, Dalek filter, Compressor and Noise Gate.
5 - THE SONG COMPOSER allows you to quickly make a song with the beat patterns you have created. Just drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline. Fast and easy.
• Retina Display
• Graphic design by Jonas Eriksson
• Smart ergonomy for fast creativity and fun
• 99 vintage and produced drum kits, mastered at in-house Fingerlab Sound Studios
• Samples Import from iPod Library, microphone, DropBox, AudioCopy and iTunes shared folder
• Step Sequencer with multi-touch matrix
• Time signature
• 16 or 32 Steps per patterns
• Mixer page with pitch, length and level rotary controls, pan controls, choke and custom drum kit per channel
• Automation Panel for a precise and intuitive control of any Mixer parameter over time
• Duo FX Trackpads for real-time sonic destruction and multi-FX
• Live Waveform display for FX pads
• FX per track
• FX automation (FX parameters and FX per pattern)
• 9 Big Drum pads, quantized recording and pitch-bend ribbon
• Pitch-bend ribbon automation
• Mode song with intuitive editing
• High-quality export to SoundCloud, DropBox, Facebook, email, iTunes shared folder or AudioCopy
• Separated tracks and AAC encoding export options
• The Randomizer tool
• Extra fast drum kit loading
• Playable pattern selection for extra creativity
• Audio background mode
• WIST synchronization technology by Korg for syncing 2 iPads/iPhones together
• Audiobus support
• Import & Export your song project (DropBox, Mail, iTunes folder)
• Full Midi implementation
• Inter-App Audio support
Watch DM1 video trailer on YouTube Fingerlab's channel:
Feel free to let us know what you think and what you'd like to see in the next DM1 update.
Watch us : vimeo.com/fingerlab
Visit us : fingerlab.net
Follow us : twitter.com/fingerlab
Contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by Fingerlab
What's New in Version 5.0.1
-Choke added in Mixer page
-Inter-App issue fixed
-Exports issues fixed
-Crash at startup on older device fixed
-Minor interface fixes
Exporting still a problem
While the latest updates have not been perfect this app has a good track record with updating and bug fixes. The release of the DFX app may be partly to blame, but get that one anyway. I expect these issues will be fixed and relatively soon. The lack of exporting does sting since the one track pattern sequencer does not really measure up if you are used to working loops through different apps. This is still a solid drum sequencer but it does have intrinsic limitations and the current crash when attempting an export to audiopaste will see this one benched for the time being.
great app but current version crashes on export
Have loved this app since it came out. Great for writing patterns to export to my Octatrack sampler for further mangling and sequencing. Unfortunately the latest version crashes anytime I try to export to any other app. Otherwise I would have given 5 stars. For now Im having fun using and recording with dfx but hope to see this issue resolved soon so i can export individual tracks again.
Love this app but...
When the update loaded it caused a problem exporting to GarageBand. I can no longer get to the audio copy screen without the app closing. Please fix this soon. Also there tends to be an annoying clicking sound when loading some samples. If that is fixed I give it five stars. Thanks.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 13, 2015
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 94.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fingerlab SARL
- © Fingerlab 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.