Ticket to Ride
By Days Of Wonder, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BEST-SELLING BOARD GAME NOW AVAILABLE ON IPHONE AND IPAD WITH A NEW CROSS-PLATFORM MULTIPLAYER MODE AND BRAND NEW VERTICAL MAP: INDIA
The official adaptation of Days of Wonder's best-selling train board game, Ticket to Ride takes less than one minute to learn but a lifetime to master. Over 48 million games played online and a new game starting every 4 seconds on average! In addition to the exciting cross-platform asynchronous multiplayer mode, players will enjoy a new intuitive user interface, new social media capabilities to share exciting moments, and the brand new India map, the first vertical map to be available on Ticket to Ride.
**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 with Gold Award – "A fantastic adaptation of an excellent board game, and a must-buy for strategy fans". **Winner of the Pocket Gamer Awards for Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year!
**iOS Board Games (BoardGameGeek.com): 9.5/10 – "A fun and engaging app that offers a sleek and speedy online multiplayer system. It ranks up there with the best offerings on iOS."
• Alan R. Moon's official Ticket to Ride maps with original artwork in full high resolution
• Online Play (WiFi, 3G, 4G) against other iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac and PC gamers
• An unparalleled online player community with tens of thousands of live opponents
• Solo play against up to 4 AI players
• Pass-and-Play with up to 4 live opponents
• Additional maps of Europe, Switzerland, USA 1910, Legendary Asia and India available as in-app purchases
• Detailed, interactive turn-by-turn, in-game tutorial
• Contextual in-game Conductor's Notes to help you master all the maps
• True cross-platform: players can challenge on other platforms including Steam PC and Mac, Android, iPhone, and iPad
• Online and offline Hall of Fame
For more information, please visit: http://www.daysofwonder.com/online/en/t2r/ and find all the latest news for Ticket to Ride Digital on Facebook and Twitter!
What's New in Version 2.0
• Asynchronous gaming (called "Multi Session Games"): play several Ticket to Ride games in parallel, turn by turn. Get notifications when it's your turn to play, watch your Player Clock, invite your buddies, etc.
• True cross-platform: start an asynchronous game on your iPhone and finish it in the evening on your home tablet, Mac or PC. "It's your turn" notifications are supported across operating systems.
• New map: India: it's a vertical one! The in-game user interface has been enhanced to support vertical maps. This also opens the road for future maps, since many expansions of the board game use the vertical format.
• Reworked user Interface for online gaming: direct access from the Play panel, and new Buddies invitation system.
• Adaptive user interface: the user interface adapts itself automatically to the screen format and offers two display modes: one for small screens and one for large screens.
• New social features: with the "Share" button at the end of a game, post a very nice graphic detailed representation of your game.
• Universal version: this version now works on both iPad and iPhone.
SPent Days of Wonder tying to figure out what they were thinking
These guys have screwed up all of the "Play with friends" features. I have played with my family members all over the country for two years. Now they are no longer in my friends list (NO, we didn't have a fight), and I can't find them to "Buddy" them because they are never in the short list of people that are there. They live in different time zones, guys. They aren't necessarily online at the time we start a game, or when we take a turn. And that's all good, for us. We aren't looking for instant gratificaiton; our games sometimes take more than a week.
You had a good thing, and you screwed it up. FIX IT! I'd like to think it was a bug, but it seems like a bad design to me. You broke an old rule of programming - Change for the sake of change is never a good idea - in this case you have a lot of unhappy campers wondering how many days it will be before you fix it. I can tell you one thing - no more in app purchases until it gets fixed.
I'd give this release 0 stars but they won't let me.
Good and bad update
You can change the graphics in the settings. I guess I didn't understand what one of the switches did. So the graphics are no longer a problem.
Only other wish is that it would remember your preferences for which games to view. It defaults back to seeing all types of games (USA, Europe, etc) even when you cannot join the games you have not purchased!
Good: It looks like it will be easier to setup a game online. There is filtering for the type of game you want to play.
New India map!
Buy all the maps for $5!
Bad: The graphics don't look as good as in the previous version. Ugly! I don't see the graphics of the example pictures. Maybe this is because I play on an iPad mini and the graphics being used are simplified. This iPad can easily handle the better graphics. It did before. Bring back the better graphics! Make it look like the example pictures.
Hate the black reminder bar that slides on to tell me that it is my turn or to take a second card. It is very distracting and covers up part of the map. There needs to be an option to disable this.
Time Limit Needed
The UPDATE has RUINED the game. I am devastated that you guys made things so complicated. The most important feature to me is to be able to see someone's rank before playing them. It is so much easier to just see a list of players and choose from that. You have taken an awesome game and turned it into a bunch of crap. I'm so angry and want my money back if this doesn't change. If you go back to the old style I will bring your rating back up but until then, I'm veryy disappointed. I also hate the new board and how there is a delayed response to putting pieces on the board. Honestly there is not one thing about the update that I like. Please take this feedback and revert to old style.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 19, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 231 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Days of Wonder
- © Days of Wonder 2012-2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ticket to Ride USA - 1910$0.99
- Ticket to Ride Europe$4.99
- Ticket to Ride - Switzerland$3.99
- Legendary Asia$3.99
- Ticket to Ride Complete Pack$4.99