Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Aurasma is the industry-leading augmented reality app that’s changing the way millions of people see and interact with the world. In fact, it’s the only mobile app that lets you create and share your own augmented reality experiences!
• Bring tagged images, objects and even physical locations to life with interactive digital content, such as video, animations, and 3D. These augmented reality experiences are called Auras.
• Look out for the app’s ‘A’ logo in magazines, posters, books, apparel, product packaging, and much more! Wherever you spot the ‘A’, there’s an Aura for you to discover. Simply open to the app’s viewfinder (bottom-center menu button) and point it at your target to unlock the experience.
• Browse the Explore and Featured sections of the app to find the latest and most popular Auras.
• Use the simple step-by-step creation wizard within the app to make your own Auras and share them with friends and other Aurasma users.
• Build Auras using your own photos and videos, or alternatively, select from thousands of digital animations available on the platform. Most popular user-generated Auras include adding 3D dinosaurs to your street, sending a video message on a greetings card, leaving hidden clues in a treasure hunt, or adding information to classroom materials.
So get started now. What’s your Aura?
What's New in Version 3.5.0
Great potential for Special Education
This app would be amazing for children with special needs. Create social stories, visual schedules, show parents what a student does during the school day to encourage generalization of that skill at home! Sync up picture books to real representations of the actions or emotions.
The UI of this app is pretty terrible. I made a private channel to share with my co-workers, but they can't contribute to it. There is no way to go back and edit a channel or anything. Just move/delete. The app is pretty unintuitive, and I recommend finding their website (which is also obviously in early stages) for better instructions and examples. I'm optimistic this app will keep improving, because it has amazing potential!
Love it but needs some work
The buttons are unwieldy so it's hard for beginners to get used to clicking the + and the top tabs-- if you could redesign those it would help a lot. It would be easier if there were a drop down menu or square icons to tap on rather than tiny ones.
I've done workshops with teachers showing them how to make auras and the number #1 frustration that happens is finding and being able to tap those icons.
As far as the rest of the app, I love it for education. My students do vocabulary walls and short clips for posters. LOVE THAT!
It's great but...
The app works amazingly unless you have a six plus like me. The videos are great on any iPhone 5 model, but each time I try to play a video on my six plus nothing happens! Please fix this.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 21, 2014
- Version: 3.5.0
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Aurasma
- © 2011 HP Aurasma
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.