By Amber Books Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
'the sort of app I would buy for my 13 year old son to give him a boost with a school project or perhaps something for my retired soldier father' - Futurebook.net review
'students of history will be enthralled ... great for research or military strategy enthusiasts' – School Library Journal
D-Day 1944 brings to life the Allied landings on 6 June 1944 that began the liberation of Europe.
Beginning with a detailed description of the events of the "longest day", the highlight of the app is an animated map showing a step-by-step reenactment of the key phases of the battle.
• Animated battle map shows the progress of the Allied landings
• Audio commentary available throughout
• Superbly illustrated with artworks and photographs
• Gallery of images
• Quiz to test your new knowledge
• Locator map and battle strength table
• Excellent educational tool for children
• All data stored offline on your device.
• No Internet connection required after download - wifi download recommended
This is history at hand – one of the major events in world history on your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
What's New in Version 1.5
New universal version - now supports iPhone and iPod Touch
Not Worth It
I can't believe that I actually paid for this. I expected to get a lot of content about D-Day and am very disappointed. This should be a free app as it has less than 10 minutes worth of content. Be wary of this and other apps made by this company as it looks like they are out to make a quick buck.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 18, 2012
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 44.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Amber Books Limited
- © 2011 Amber Books Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.