Ansel & Clair's Adventures in Africa
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Dr. Toy Top 10 Tech Products of 2011
- 2011 Media of the Year Award - Creative Child Magazine
- 2011Tillywig Brain Child Award
- Parent's Choice Recommended Product Award
- Dr. Toy Top 100 Toys of 2011 Award
- Winner of National Parenting Center Seal of Approval
- Winner of Kids First Endorsement - Coalition for Quality Media
- #1 "Staff Favorites" - Apple iTunes, "Back to School Picks" ”What’s Hot” and “New & Noteworthy”
- “This is one of the best educational apps for kids on the iPad” – USAToday
- #1 iTunes Staff Favorites
- “A hidden gem! This magnificent-looking app takes kids on a magical learning adventure through Africa" - Commonsense Media
- “One of the BEST apps I have seen. I am truly amazed” – iPad Curriculum
- "Incredible...5 STAR Educational App…The students gave the app an initial road-test last week and I haven’t been able to get them off since!" – Teachers With Apps
- "You had better believe the iPad can act as a portable edutainment center, and this continental adventure starring a pair of space aliens offers the perfect example" –The Washington Times
- “This is truly one of the most amazing apps for kids and education I’ve come across. Perfectly brilliant!” – The iPad Fan
- “Ansel & Clair's Adventures in Africa is the reason parents let their children play with their iPads & why teachers buy iPads for their classroom” – iApps for Teachers
- "If you have an IPad and kids, you are going to want to know about this cool new app by Cognitive Kid. If you don't, seriously, consider getting a refurb, it's worth every penny and then some. And then consider Ansel and Clair for your very first app." - Edumom at Greenwala
- "Best Fun Educational Game App for Kids" – Fun Educational Apps
5 STARS – Apple Education
-Original characters developed exclusively for the iPad & iphone: Ansel, a friendly inter-galactic travel photographer from the planet Virtoos, and Clair, a brilliant Virtoosian robot
- Spectacular interactions & animations, quests, puzzles & games bring learning to life in 3 visually stunning, interactive locales - Nile Valley, Sahara Desert & Serengeti Plains
- Completely supported by audio, the app offers hours of independent exploration and learning for both kids who have not yet learnt to read as well as for older kids who can read
- Engaging gameplay
- Take 29 spectacular photos; Collect & arrange photos in the Travel Log
- Deeply enriching and immersive: Utilizes a high-impact, thematic & contextual approach to teach:
- Primary Focus: Geography, History and Science
- Secondary Focus: Vocabulary and reading
- Concepts: Camouflage, migration, nocturnal, herbivore, predator, vertebrate, cold-blooded
- Learn more through innovative “ClairVision”: 50+ screens supported by both dialog and text and 30+ contextual hyperlink illustrations
- Original music: Audio recording and music by a Grammy nominated team
Encourages children to think and ask questions through Ansel's critical questioning
- What is a mummy? Does it live in a Pyramid?
- What is the difference between an alligator and a crocodile?
- Why are there more plant-eating animals than meat-eating animals?
- Why are the wildebeest migrating? How long will they be gone?
- Why is there snow only on Mount Kilimanjaro and not in the rest of the Savanna?
5 games & puzzles with multiple levels to entertain and challenge kids of different ages and levels
Member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids & families
Recommended Ages: 4-7, 8-10
What's New in Version 1.2
- UI and style updates for iOS 7
- Keyboard enhancements
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 10, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 155 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fingerprint Digital, Inc
- © 2011 Cognitive Kid, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.