By Nguyen Tan Hon-Hu
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Calligraphy is an ancient art that just anyone can do. Now comes on the iPad.
CALLIGRAPHY ART replicates the strokes of the pen in real life: angle, thickness and colors. You can really enjoy calligraphy with this app for its learning ability, then draw beautiful letters on papers with the same easiness.
********** REVIEWS **********
1/ PRODUCT-REVIEWS: "Every writing page has help and guidelines that coincide with the font. Calligraphy Art uses the same functions that you would find using a pen including different colors, width and the angles. Practice to get beautiful letters in this easy to use application and adapt your own authentic style."
"With Calligraphy Art, you will find a beautiful ancient technique to drawing letters that are currently used for all types of great looking documents."
2/ APPADVICE: "Calligraphy Art is a beautiful and functional app that will teach you how to create graceful lettering in traditional calligraphy style or help you perfect your letter art. This app stands out from others because of the way that the virtual pens perfectly mimic their real counterparts."
This application is not for language learning. It is divided is 3 parts:
- A main page for freehand calligraphy and creation. This is the most complete featured page with ALL TOOLS available.
- Western alphabets exercises
- Chinese words exercises
All writing surfaces are pre-filled with guidelines according to the hand (font) presented.
Today calligraphy is used in many documents and papers, giving to them an elegant and unique touch: graphic design, logo design, type design, paintings, scholarship, maps, menus, greeting cards, invitations, legal documents, diplomas, cut stone inscriptions, memorial documents, props and moving images for film and television, business cards, lettering envelopes, place cards, poems and much more.
- Specific long paper size: 1536X458
- 21 Western hands
- 3 Chinese writing styles
- 16 inkpens, 4 brushes
- 24 preselected pen angles
- 9 pen sizes
- Zoom rate 2000%, undo redo, clear, eraser.
- Save to photos gallery with or without background.
- Share by email
- 12 old style backgrounds
- Color palette
- Stylish letter textures. Import photo as texture.
- 1 flourish tutorial
What's New in Version 3.5
• We have added new and amazing pen heads in three series: highway, candy and ribbon. Each series has over 100 premixed colored heads, including the ability to invert colors.
• New font reference images: they are very helpful when you want to draw words and quotes on the full page. Just display the whole letter sheets as a reminder for each style of fonts.
• Our new digital stencil ruler: like your plastic stencil ruler, align the digital stencil ruler under your writing paper, and trace your words letter by letter. Stencils cannot be zoomed but only moved around, their sizes are automatically adjusted according to the selected pen width. But, you can always move and zoom the writing sheet as usual.
• Several improvements and bug fixes.
This is an excellent way to learn this type of lettering.
I use my Apple Pencil with this and it is so easy to learn
The technique of calligraphy.
Use my Apple Pencil. Much more fun and less frustrating than using paper and pen.
Perfect to learn and use
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 25, 2017
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 148 MB
- Languages: English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Etienne Nguyen Tan Hon
- © Topdune Studio 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tracing letters pack 1$0.99
- Tracing letters pack 2$0.99