Fantastical - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Presenting the calendar app you'll actually enjoy using. Type in that you have "Lunch with John on Friday at 1pm" and Fantastical will schedule it! Or type in that you need to "Buy milk by Tuesday" and Fantastical will create a reminder with a due date!
Fantastical's natural language event/reminder creation, beautiful calendar, and gorgeous list make it the best calendar you'll ever use. Stay on top of your schedule with features like native CalDAV support, automatic alarms for new events, OS X and iOS reminder support, and instant search.
**** Best of Mac App Store and 2011 Macworld Editors' Choice Award winner ****
"[Fantastical is] now my primary calendaring app." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
"[Fantastical] makes it much easier and more convenient to quickly create new events." - Macworld
"Fantastical is the calendar assistant to install on every Mac that has to deal with calendars." - MacStories
"Fantastical looks fantastic (couldn't resist) and works quite well." - TUAW
The easiest way to create new events and reminders
• Open Fantastical with a single click or keystroke
• Type in your event or reminder details and press return
• That's it!
Stay on top of your day
• The event/reminder list and calendar allow you to easily locate and plan all of your events and reminders
• Today's past events fade to gray letting you focus on your upcoming events
• Change the number of events you want displayed, providing focus and convenience
• Click any event to show important details
• Add event notes to new or existing events
• Use search to instantly locate your events
Edit and delete with ease
• Select the event or reminder you want to change and take control with a single click or keystroke
Works the way you do
• Works with your favorite applications: Calendar, iCal, BusyCal (cloud calendars only), Entourage, or Outlook
• Reminders are only compatible with Calendar, iCal, and BusyCal
• Stay in sync with built-in CalDAV support; supports iCloud, Google Calendar, Yahoo! Calendar, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
Speaks your language
• Fantastical is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Start typing your event or reminder in any of those languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
Fantastical — your Mac's calendar will never be the same again.
What's New in Version 1.3.13
- Fixed an issue where the due time would reset incorrectly when completing a recurring reminder
- Reminders are now shown as overdue only when the due time passes, not at the beginning of the day
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
This is a really well designed, useful app. It provides a quick and easy way to check upcoming calendar events, in a very attractive design. It provides an easy natural-language event entry interface designed in such a way that you can see the details "fly" into place as you type; not only is it fun to watch, it lets you make sure that the etnry is being added properly and make those complicated changes that the natural-language algorithim can't pick up.
There are some changes I'd liek to see. I'd like tome more functionality added to the menu bar icon itself -- for example how about changing the color when the user is 15 minutes away from an event in a designated calendar? It also looks out of place, both in color and black-and-white. That's a quibble, though, and the app does what it promises and does it well.
Go-to calendar app for fast-creating and viewing upcoming events at a glance.
There are a few apps out there that try to do this "Natural Language event creation" thing. I have a few of them. None of them comes close to Fantastical's ability to correctly parse my meaning out of a phrase. I can get some pretty complicated sentences in there and somehow it figures it all out. The quick view of all my upcoming events is also the easiest I've used, and I love that it supports BusyCal for opening a given day in a more detailed view.
I do use BusyCal for viewing my calendar in a more calendar like format, but its natural language processing is less accurate than Fantastical's, and with Fantastical's quick view of all my upcoming events it's rare for me to need anything more complicated.
I use this app literally every day, many many times a day.
Very useful, very easy
Fantastical is a very good and very easy to use app. It lives in the menu bar (using its tiny patch of screen real estate to show the current date), where you can easily access it at any time to quickly add an event or reminder to your calendar. The process is almost completely frictionless, and it is not at all hard to work it into your normal patterns and habits. It’s difficult for me to imagine anyone not finding it a worthwhile purchase, regardless of there normal calendaring and reminder-managing workflows or behaviours.