Learn a new language intuitively with Rosetta Stone, the most trusted name in language learning.
Pick up words and concepts instinctively and without translation. Rosetta Stone’s award-winning mobile app trains you to associate words with imagery in real-life situations, so you can fully engage with your new language. It’s a natural way of learning that grows your ability so you can speak confidently in any setting. Join the millions of people who have discovered a new language with Rosetta Stone.
• 2018 Platinum Award for Best Educational App by the Best Mobile App Awards
• 2018 PCMag Editors’ Choice
• 2017 Best Productivity & Utilities App by Mobile UX Awards
TOP 3 FEATURES
1. Improve your pronunciation with TruAccent®, the world’s best speech recognition technology.
2. Learn with the Rosetta Stone immersion method. Move easily from words to phrases, to conversations.
3. Perfect your language skills offline. Listen to our downloadable lessons and keep learning, wherever you are.
YOUR ROSETTA STONE JOURNEY
1. Open up your world
Choose from 24 languages: Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), English (US), English (UK), French, Japanese, Italian, German, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Korean, Dutch, Tagalog, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Irish, Farsi, Polish, Swedish, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
2. Begin your journey
Practice learning the basic greetings, questions, and phrases you need to introduce yourself, get around, and start simple conversations. Refine your accent with our TruAccent® technology. Read short stories aloud for instant feedback. What you learn now is the foundation of your language journey.
3. Find your feet
This is where your learning experience really gets going. Get outside and explore your surroundings! Eat out, order a drink, ask for directions, haggle over an item, or make a new friend. Consult our easy-to-access Phrasebook for greetings, phrases, and useful expressions. Out and about without internet access? Learn offline with downloadable lessons, or listen to our audio companion.
4. Express yourself
You’re now beginning to feel confident expressing feelings and opinions in your new language. You can talk about everyday life, ask for advice, communicate with clients, and make jokes. You’re surprised at how much you can speak and understand!
5. Converse with ease
You’re thinking, expressing feelings, and dreaming in your new language. You can conduct business and socialize with confidence. You’re expressing yourself on a range of topics, from politics to sports, and everything in between. Congratulations! Strangers become friends and the world becomes a smaller place when you’ve learned a new language.
Download Rosetta Stone and start your language learning journey today!
Try us free for 3 days! If you enjoy your Rosetta Stone trial, do nothing and your subscription will automatically continue.
• Get full access to all lessons, stories, and audio companion when you subscribe to Rosetta Stone.
• Payment will be charged to your Apple ID.
• Your account will be auto-renewed 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• Manage or cancel your subscription from your App Store User Settings at any time after purchasing. Payment will be taken until the end of the current period.
Enterprise and Education Learners
• Unlimited use of Rosetta Stone's mobile app is available for existing Enterprise and Education Learners.
• Features may vary for Enterprise and Education Learners.
For questions or assistance, please visit http://support.rosettastone.com
• Want to learn Travel phrases? Phrasebook is now available for most Enterprise and Education customers. Speak with your account rep if you want it enabled on your account.
• Now offering our Stories feature for Enterprise and Education customers.
• Bug fixes
• Improves app performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Real time pronunciation comparisons with native speakers.
The app isn't bad. Their billing is horrible.
You can download the app for free, and even do a lesson. Then it asks you to sign up for a subscription. If you wait a day or so, you get an email with a special offer of $5.99/month. Turns out though, it's not $5.99 a month, it's $147, paid all at once, which gets you a subscription for 24 months. Yes, that comes out to $5.99 a month if you don't understand finance, but it's a lot different if you don't want to pony up that much all at once.
Worse, after the term is up, they'll automatically re-subscribe you at their full price, no discount.
I hate this underhanded method of taking money from anyone who's not paying attention, and a bunch of people are going to pay a LOT of money for something they don't want. It's close to thievery, and it makes Rosetta Stone nearly dishonest.
EDIT: After using this for a couple of weeks, I still think it's pretty good at teaching language. However, the speech module, where it listens to you and grades how well you say things, is completely useless. It doesn't understand you at all, no matter how clearly you say it, and no matter how low you set the bar. I had to turn off the Mic to be able to get through those chapters. The program complained that my Mic was bad, but it works just fine on audio notes and FaceTime, so it's not my Mic.
We appreciate the feedback and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please send us a feedback email via in-app settings to follow up with you regarding the speech issues. Open Rosetta Stone > tap the Menu > Settings > Feedback.
Love the immersion!
I found my way to this app after I had done some Duolingo.I am learning french and if anyone is learning french they also know how particular it can be. When I got to a certain point on Duolingo they made it difficult for me because all they want you to do is translate things into your own language. While I understand their point, it didn’t work for me and maybe Duolingo is good for a language that you just want to brush up on. Once I got Rosetta Stone though I made more progress and I continue to...I am also close to a native french speaker so that’s kind of an unfair advantage but with Rosetta Stone’s immersion technique you don’t see any of your first language in the lessons (other than things like pause and the names of the units and lessons of course) and that helps me stay focused and learn in the best way possible. I do plan on reading books in French after and finish a workbook (as I would recommend anyone do) because (at the moment) with my version of Rosetta Stone I don’t ever get to type out sentences as a mean of practicing grammar. Hopefully I will be able to come back and write a review in French :)
- Rosetta Stone Ltd.
- 221.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Rosetta Stone Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Spanish 12 Months Access $109.99
- Spanish (Latin America) (5 Levels) $199.99
- English 12 Months Access $109.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.