Garmin N. America
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download Garmin StreetPilot® Onboard North America and give your iPhone® or iPad® the best in GPS navigation with photoReal junction views, 3D buildings, speed/red light camera alerts and more.
Garmin StreetPilot North America is packed full of great navigation features from Garmin, the world leader in GPS navigation. The app is the first iPhone navigation app to include Garmin’s exclusive photoReal images of complex junctions to help you navigate with confidence. It also includes rich mapping with detailed 3D buildings and landmarks, lane guidance, speed/red light camera alerts and many other advanced features, while remaining simple and easy to use.
Optional in-app purchases include integrated real-time traffic updates, photoLive traffic cameras and fuel pricing.
• Industry-leading Garmin user interface
• Voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including spoken street names
• Millions of preloaded points of interest including gas stations, restaurants and other businesses
• Integrated Google™ Local Search
• Maps for the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico installed on your device, so wireless coverage is not required to navigate
• 3D buildings and landmarks
• Lane assist with photoReal junction view provides a photo-realistic illustration of the correct lane for different maneuvers
• Integrated red light and speed camera database including community-generated alerts (U.S. & Canada)
• Speed limits for most major roads with the capability to report speed limit changes or errors
• Where Am I? emergency locator shows your exact latitude and longitude, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and gas stations
• Exit services allow you to quickly see services such as restaurants, gas stations and lodging available at exits along your route
• Trip planner allows you to create a route with multiple stops in advance with automatic or manual ordering of destinations
• Address book integration so you can easily navigate to contacts
• Trip computer includes a compass heading and bearing indicator, resettable odometer and trip statistics such as arrival distance, next turn time and average moving speed
• Trip log enables an electronic breadcrumb trail that shows you where you’ve been
• Weather feature shows current conditions and a 5-day forecast
• Location sharing via Facebook or SMS
Garmin StreetPilot has been designed to run on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, and it works on GPS-enabled iPads as well.
Map coverage- Garmin StreetPilot North America
United States, Canada, Mexico, Plus Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, The Bahamas, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthélemy, and Jamaica
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.9
Updated HERE maps
Best of the lot
First let me note that I own the Navigon, Tomtom, coPilot and motionX GPS apps (yes, I've spent a fortune) and I consider Garmin to be the best GPS app I've found considering both usability and accuracy. It operates nearly the same as the Garmin GPS I have in my car and with the traffic add on usually gives me the best routing option. Is it perfect, no, but none of the others I have found are any better and some, in particular the free options such as Google maps, are much worse when it comes to accurate directions. YMMV.
What is going on Garmin?
Was good until iOS 8. However, even before that the maps need to be updated desperately. They are way out of date. Took a cross-country trip in July and had to use my dash mounted Garman because the app was so off with older maps. UPDATE: The latest update has problems with “safe mode”. It is not turned on yet tells me I cannot use it while driving. I was a passenger!!! It asks if I want to turn safe mode off, so I select “yes”. The app then locks up and does not allow any input. Close the app and restart, same result. It is not useless if you want to add a route, etc.
New bug today. I upgraded to iPhone 6 yesterday and now i get an error stating can't calculate route. I reset the phone and reinstalled with no luck. Please don't make me use apple maps to complete my trip and get home. I think the local maps are toast. I only see major roads
Fixed it by deleting the app and maps again via general. Usage. Loaded the basic files and rebooted. Then loaded maps
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 10, 2014
- Version: 2.9
- Size: 130 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin International
- © Garmin International, Inc. 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- photoLive Traffic Cameras $5.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99
- Vehicle Display Integration$49.99