Garmin N. America
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download Garmin StreetPilot® Onboard North America and give your iPhone® or iPad® the best in GPS navigation with photoReal junction views, 3D buildings, speed/red light camera alerts and more.
Garmin StreetPilot North America is packed full of great navigation features from Garmin, the world leader in GPS navigation. The app is the first iPhone navigation app to include Garmin’s exclusive photoReal images of complex junctions to help you navigate with confidence. It also includes rich mapping with detailed 3D buildings and landmarks, lane guidance, speed/red light camera alerts and many other advanced features, while remaining simple and easy to use.
Optional in-app purchases include integrated real-time traffic updates, photoLive traffic cameras and fuel pricing.
• Industry-leading Garmin user interface
• Voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including spoken street names
• Millions of preloaded points of interest including gas stations, restaurants and other businesses
• Integrated Google™ Local Search
• Maps for the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico installed on your device, so wireless coverage is not required to navigate
• 3D buildings and landmarks
• Lane assist with photoReal junction view provides a photo-realistic illustration of the correct lane for different maneuvers
• Integrated red light and speed camera database including community-generated alerts (U.S. & Canada)
• Speed limits for most major roads with the capability to report speed limit changes or errors
• Where Am I? emergency locator shows your exact latitude and longitude, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and gas stations
• Exit services allow you to quickly see services such as restaurants, gas stations and lodging available at exits along your route
• Trip planner allows you to create a route with multiple stops in advance with automatic or manual ordering of destinations
• Address book integration so you can easily navigate to contacts
• Trip computer includes a compass heading and bearing indicator, resettable odometer and trip statistics such as arrival distance, next turn time and average moving speed
• Trip log enables an electronic breadcrumb trail that shows you where you’ve been
• Weather feature shows current conditions and a 5-day forecast
• Location sharing via Facebook or SMS
Garmin StreetPilot has been designed to run on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, and it works on GPS-enabled iPads as well.
Map coverage- Garmin StreetPilot North America
United States, Canada, Mexico, Plus Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, The Bahamas, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthélemy, and Jamaica
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.7
- Enhanced Urban Guidance functionality: We expanded the coverage of our public transport navigation to more cities and metropolitan areas. In addition to that you have now the choice of up to three different routing alternatives.
- Latest map data
- Various stability improvements and bug fixes.
Great gps app
I just download it. I had tomtom app but hated it as it was slow and very unfriendly. I was looking to add the gas price add on but can't find it. One thing missing is a way to import addresses besides adding to the contact as it doesn't do a good job importing the contact info. Also would be great if you can custom the look of the app as some stuff it not at an easy place to get to (like hotel it at the bottom of point of interest) and had to find it as your driving down the road.
It needs some more tools to make it a perfect GPS APP
Keep up the good work
App is good; Garmin server is slow
Aside from the size of the app, it is a nice update. But the pgm did lose junction view & as others pointed out, it needed to be reinstalled. But Garmin's server is creeping along at dialup
modem speeds ... Took over an hour just to download the extra (took about 5 min the first time). Fix the server & I'll give it 5 stars. Update: latest app install was completely painless ...back to a 5 star rating.
Something is very wrong
I installed the app, downloaded the appropriate map data, and it doesn't work. Deleted app, reinstalled app, downloaded maps and other data. Will not show any local streets In Chicago or anywhere else, for that matter. Search does not work. Tried on both iPhone and iPad and neither works.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 11, 2013
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 125 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin International
- © Garmin International, Inc. 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- photoLive Traffic Cameras $5.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99
- Vehicle Display Integration$49.99