Garmin N. America
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download Garmin StreetPilot® Onboard North America and give your iPhone® or iPad® the best in GPS navigation with photoReal junction views, 3D buildings, speed/red light camera alerts and more.
Garmin StreetPilot North America is packed full of great navigation features from Garmin, the world leader in GPS navigation. The app is the first iPhone navigation app to include Garmin’s exclusive photoReal images of complex junctions to help you navigate with confidence. It also includes rich mapping with detailed 3D buildings and landmarks, lane guidance, speed/red light camera alerts and many other advanced features, while remaining simple and easy to use.
Optional in-app purchases include integrated real-time traffic updates, photoLive traffic cameras and fuel pricing.
• Industry-leading Garmin user interface
• Voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including spoken street names
• Millions of preloaded points of interest including gas stations, restaurants and other businesses
• Integrated Google™ Local Search
• Maps for the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico installed on your device, so wireless coverage is not required to navigate
• 3D buildings and landmarks
• Lane assist with photoReal junction view provides a photo-realistic illustration of the correct lane for different maneuvers
• Integrated red light and speed camera database including community-generated alerts (U.S. & Canada)
• Speed limits for most major roads with the capability to report speed limit changes or errors
• Where Am I? emergency locator shows your exact latitude and longitude, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and gas stations
• Exit services allow you to quickly see services such as restaurants, gas stations and lodging available at exits along your route
• Trip planner allows you to create a route with multiple stops in advance with automatic or manual ordering of destinations
• Address book integration so you can easily navigate to contacts
• Trip computer includes a compass heading and bearing indicator, resettable odometer and trip statistics such as arrival distance, next turn time and average moving speed
• Trip log enables an electronic breadcrumb trail that shows you where you’ve been
• Weather feature shows current conditions and a 5-day forecast
• Location sharing via Facebook or SMS
Garmin StreetPilot has been designed to run on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, and it works on GPS-enabled iPads as well.
Map coverage- Garmin StreetPilot North America
United States, Canada, Mexico, Plus Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, The Bahamas, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthélemy, and Jamaica
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.9
Updated HERE maps
Worst Navigation App Available
Recently installed latest version of app on the wife's brand new iPhone 6 Plus. Spent over an hour re-inputting the favorites and every time we try to get routing for any location, we get an error, Cannot Calculate Route. Why didn't we restore this from her previous iPhone? We did. Complete with favorites. And that didn't work, so I uninstalled it and all of the favorites that my wife has saved for the past two years. Favorites that she needs to do her job. This is ridicuous. Garmin makes great hardware but they've never made great software. Do not spend money on this or any of their products, for any reason. I'm done with this company and I've been a loyal user for more than 20 years. This is the last straw.
Best of the lot
First let me note that I own the Navigon, Tomtom, coPilot and motionX GPS apps (yes, I've spent a fortune) and I consider Garmin to be the best GPS app I've found considering both usability and accuracy. It operates nearly the same as the Garmin GPS I have in my car and with the traffic add on usually gives me the best routing option. Is it perfect, no, but none of the others I have found are any better and some, in particular the free options such as Google maps, are much worse when it comes to accurate directions. YMMV.
Fix for missing maps
I had the same issue others are reporting where you just have the base map after the upgrade, despite downloading 2 Gigs of detailed maps. I deleted the app and re-installed and then redownloaded the maps, and all is well again. If you use iCloud to sync your favorites they should still be there. Garmin needs to fix this, but until then there is a workaround.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 10, 2014
- Version: 2.9
- Size: 130 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin International
- © Garmin International, Inc. 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- photoLive Traffic Cameras $5.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99
- Vehicle Display Integration$49.99