By Charmtech Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Listen to everything you want to read on the go and at your leisure!
You can listen to any content from Safari, Chrome, GoogleDrive, Dropbox, Bookshare, or Gutenberg. Whether you are a student, a language learner, a commuter, a busy professional, a retiree, or a person with dyslexia or other print disabilities, Capti will improve your productivity and make your reading more enjoyable. Synchronize your Playlist and switch seamlessly between your devices.
Visit www.captivoice.com to download Capti for your computer
* Text to Speech: Turn any text into an audiobook; listen hands-free and eyes-free
* Save for Later: Save documents and web articles for later in your Playlist and access it even offline; synchronize your Playlist and your reading position across all your devices
* Sophisticated Navigation: Jump to the next/previous word, sentence, paragraph, heading, or page
* Screen-Reader Support: Extensively customized for VoiceOver
PREMIUM PLAN BENEFITS
* Full-text search of your Playlist: The search algorithm is intelligent, and will guess the best matching tracks even when the exact match cannot be found
* Store and view images with text: In tracks created from EPUB, PDF, or DOC(X) documents you will be able to see both text and images
* File Size Limit: Add documents and books that are up to 100MB in size; default limit is 10MB
* Word Translation: Right-click any word in the track to translate the word to your language (available on Windows and Mac only)
* Create Playlists: Stay organized by saving tracks into different playlists.
* Safari, Chrome, or the built-in browser
* Any browser on your Mac or PC (visit www.captivoice.com)
* Project Gutenberg: 49,000+ titles of public domain literature
* Bookshare: 300,000+ titles for people with print disabilities
* Google Drive
* Copy-paste via clipboard
* Share from other apps
* Email attachments
* Other Capti users (AirDrop)
PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, RTF, TXT, EPUB, ODT, ODP, ZIP, HTML, HTM
"…a wonderful, free tool for listening to web content while driving, biking, exercising - whatever." - Doug Bardwell, Examiner.com
"Capti Narrator offers me an attractive solution to the challenge of reading my iPhone while on the elliptical every morning." - Peter Himler, Forbes.com
"I highly recommend the use of CAPTI." - Ben Maynigo, Asian Journal USA
"…godsend for busy multitaskers. " - Gregory Zeller, Long Island Business News
APP STORE TESTIMONIALS:
"A must have for parents" - Garrets24601
"This will change the way I travel" - Detroitmakeovers
"It'll be the best app for readers! " - Abhimanyu B.
CAPTI SPEAKS IN
Arabic, Dutch, Czech, Danish, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Norwegian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
PREMIUM PLAN SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS
* Available plans: free limited-time trial, $1.99 per month, or $9.99 for 6 months
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Depending on your plan, your Account will be charged $1.99 or $9.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
* Terms of Service: https://www.captivoice.com/capti-site/public/entry/terms_of_service
GET IN TOUCH
* Want to help? – Send suggestions and bug reports to: email@example.com
What's New in Version 2.1.2
Fix for NewSpeech Voices
Love this app!! <3
This app is so awesome!! I love the fact that it is available not only for iPhone and iPad, but that they have a companion website that offers the same features. Also, it lets you access files on Dropbox and other cloud services. You can choose which voice you want and the speed.
I’ve tried using other text-to=speech apps, but they don’t offer nearly as much flexibility as Capti has.
I’m surprised this app is being offered for free. It’s really excellent. I’ve tried using other text-to-speech apps, but they don’t have nearly the flexibility and features that Capti offers.
If you want a good quality text-to-speech app, Capti is a very good choice.
Can't access offline
One of the great benefits of the app was being able to listen to text while on the train without Internet access. Since the last update the app makes you sign in and you can't sign in without Internet access. Please fix this bug in this otherwise awesome app. Options to go forward or back 30 seconds and 2 minutes would also be a great improvement.
Was free, goodbye - thanks for everything
Last update, deletes everything and allows you to pay for it, no more free. Thanks for the heads up. Why do this to the sight impaired community?! It's a real shame. Terrible rollout.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 04, 2016
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 57.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Charmtech Labs LLC
- © 2011-15 Charmtech Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Plan$1.99
- Premium Plan$9.99