iShutdown - remote power management tool for your Mac and PC
By Vlad Polyanskiy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
300000 happy users!
WOL (Wake On Lan), Shutdown, sleep, restart or hibernate your MAC or PC with one tap!
Only app works both with MAC and PC
• Sleep, shutdown, restart or hibernate a computer remotely
• WOL computer via the internet
• Wake On Lan computer on the local network
We have developed iShutdown with one goal – to give you functional and stylish tool. To give you an ability to shutdown, Wake On LAN, sleep, restart or hibernate your PC or MAC without leaving your couch or armchair. You will be surprised with the convenience and simplicity of this application.
iShutdown scans the devices connected to your local network and shows them along with their name and IP. You do not need to find out the MAC addresses or type them in to use WOL feature. Just tap on host in the generated list and select what do you want to do – shutdown, WOL, sleep, or hibernate it.
• Attractive and handy
• Animated interface.
• Large convenient button to turn the PC or MAC power on/off.
• Turn on (via Wake on lan, WOL), shutdown, restart, hibernate or sleep your PC or MAC.
• Works fine both with MAC and PC
• Automatic detection of accessible PCs in local network
• Ability to add required PC or MAC manually.
• Works both with Wi-Fi and 3g
• Indication of active hosts
• The iShutdown Server application (available at http://ishutdownapp.com) must be installed in the PC or MAC to be controlled.
• To turn your pc on remotely, the mainboard & lan card of PC must support Wake On Lan (WOL) feature and be activated.
Additional prerequitsites for WOL (Wake On Lan) via internet:
• The network must be reachable via internet
• Router must be capable of forwarding wol packages
• Router and firewall must be configured correctly
Please feel free to contact us with any questions, problems and ideas via e-mail email@example.com.
What's New in Version 4.0
- Apple Watch support
- iPhone 6 / 6 Plus support
- Stability improvements
- Bug fixes
- Integrated Feedback
Simple app that works
Because Apple’s iCloud Photo Library upload is taking months (seriously) and because when it’s uploading it saturates my network and causes everything else to fail (seriously), I’ve found myself needing to sleep and wake the iMac from other locations in the house frequently. After poking around I found this app.
Despite the 1 star reviews, I went for it and I’m very pleased. The Apple Watch app is very welcome and that’s probably what I’ll use most.
Some things to note: Wake On Lan isn’t going to work unless you enter the Mac’s Ethernet MAC address (assuming it’s on Ethernet; wifi otherwise) into the app. The app doesn’t prompt you for it if it’s missing and the help docs don’t mention it, so this could be a little confusing. You can find the Mac’s MAC address in About This Mac -> System Report.
Second, the Mac’s screen will not come on when it receives the Wake On Lan “magic packet”. This is Apple’s design, not iShutdown. They assume that if the Mac is being woke remotely, there’s no need to turn the screen on since presumably no one’s sitting at the Mac. Make’s sense.
Awesome app! Worth the money
This app is great and worked well for me, running Windows 10. I recently purchased an Apple TV and if I want to stream my personal media I would have to go upstairs and "wake" my computer from sleep. As along as I keep iTunes running this app allows me to "wake" the computer from my couch and in a matter of seconds I can see my iTunes library. It makes having the Apple TV and streaming my media all the more convenient. The only thing I had to do was change a bios setting on my computer and viola, "wake on demand." I am not technologically advanced and this app did all the work. Definitely worth the money.
It works! Windows 10 x64
I've been looking for something that handles wake-on-lan as well as sleep/shutdown for my new Windows 10 PC, and this app works very well! You'll have to install a server app on your PC, along with DotNet and Bonjour (iTunes). The Apple Watch app is a nice touch; very handy. Also, be sure to enable "only allow a magic packet to wake the computer" on your network card settings, or else any network activity may wake your windows PC.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 25, 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 23.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Vlad Polyanskiy
- © 2015 Vlad Polyanskiy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.