Novel in 30
By PT Software Solutions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Admit it - you've always wanted to write a novel. You've had ideas kicking around in your head for months or years, but have had trouble actually sitting down and writing.
Novel in 30 will help you achieve your goal of writing a novel. Not only does it provide a distraction-free writing environment, it offers necessary encouragement along the way. And by holding you to a deadline, it might just give you the kick in the rear that you need to get that novel out of your head and onto the page.
For those that enjoy bullet-point feature lists, here's ours:
* Visually appealing, distraction-free writing environment.
* Enhanced onscreen keyboard keeps commonly-used keys at your fingertips.
* Full support for external keyboards.
* Provides motivation as you journey down your path to novelist stardom.
* Configurable project settings - set your target word count and deadline.
* Project dashboard - tracks your progress, letting you know where your stand at a glance, and what writing pace you need to maintain to reach your goal.
* Lets you share your success with your friends on Facebook when you reach a milestone.
* Syncs your writing project to your computer via iTunes, so you have easy access to your writing from your computer.
* Makes it easy to back up your writing project to your Dropbox.
* All documents are saved as plain text files, so they can be opened in any word processing program.
Novel in 30 is the perfect app for National Novel Writing Month (nanowrimo.org), or for whenever you're willing to throw down the gauntlet and challenge yourself or your friends to a writing contest.
Questions? Problems? Effusive praise? Send it all to email@example.com
Writing a novel is fun! Why not start yours today?
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Minor performance enhancements.
- Added feature that allows you to change the working title for your novel once you've started it.
- Updated Dropbox integration.
Enjoying Novel in 30? Please leave a review in the App Store.
If you have any questions, comments, or feature requests, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
I love the idea of having a writing program that holds me to a goal and tracks my progress. However, this program has some serious drawbacks. To track your daily word count, you have to start on a new document every day. Which means if you want to pick up in the middle of the chapter you didn't finish yesterday, you have to go back to the previous document and keep adding to that day's word count (meaning you don't get an individual word count for today's work). This program would be 100 times better if you could get daily word counts on the same document. It also only does black text on a white background. I much prefer white text on a black background. It's easier on my eyes, which vastly improves my ability to concentrate for hours at a time.
Please give us more options for setting up our work flow and space!
Best Writing App
You don't start a new manuscript on each day, which is what one reviewer seems to think. You only write the number of words that has been calculated as needed per day on that given day. The next day, you start on the "new day", and so on. That way you stay on track.
The only con to this writing app is that you can't reset your word count and time frame without deleting the entire manuscript. But so far, this is the best writing app that I have found.
I want my money back
I started writing and all went well until my text disappeared below the top of the onscreen keyboard. I had only written 151 words, which is not an entire page, so I tried scrolling the text up so all my writing would be visible. I could not do so! Therefore, most of what I had written is invisible to me unless I close the keyboard, but then I am unable to continue writing.
This is completely unacceptable. Either give me a fix for this immediately or refund my money. Time is of the essence, since I am participating in the NaNoWriMo exercise.
Come to think of it, just refund my money. I'll use another app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 30, 2012
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 6.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peter de Tagyos
- © 2011 Peter C. de Tagyos
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.