By Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Gleaner E-Edition lets you read The Gleaner on your iOS device just as it appears in print. You can flip through pages and skim headlines as you would the printed edition. But better than that, the Gleaner E-Edition allows you to enlarge type with the tap of a finger, or jump instantly to the conclusion of a story on another page. You can link to websites mentioned in stories with a single touch, or fire off an e-mail to an address linked from the newspaper. And if you missed the paper one day, don't worry. The Gleaner E-Editions lets you download past editions, too.
What's New in Version 2.5.70
This is a major update with performance and operational enhancements
to streamline reading and navigation!
New initial displays
- iPad - In landscape, the display initially shows a single page and
the headline index. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-width.
- iPhone/iTouch - In landscape, the display initially shows a two page
spread. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-height.
Tap and read/zoom:
- A single tap on a story, ad or graphic will display that item in a
separate reading window. Swipe L/R to previous/next story, pinch to
- A double tap on a page and display will zoom where tapped. A second
double tap returns page to default size. Pinch page any time to zoom.
- Change default tap actions for single, double and two-finger taps in
Options > Settings screen.
New designs and organization:
- New fonts, layouts, icons and labels simplify and ease use
Read off-line or on-line:
- Faster on-line reading, uses less bandwidth
- Select edition to download for off-line reading or select off-line
reading as the default
- Special low-bandwidth mode ideal when roaming
-Receive availability alerts for new editions
-Support for Article Read Aloud
-Support for AirPrint
- Improved iOS8 and Retina display compliance
- Enhanced page and type display quality
- Faster downloading and display, improved gesture response
- Stability improvements and general bug fixing
- Updates to improve Twitter and Facebook support
- Category: News
- Updated: May 07, 2015
- Version: 2.5.70
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian
- Seller: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- © 2015 Journal Media Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.