TouchGen Magazine - Issue 1
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TouchGEN.com presents the first full issue of TouchGEN Magazine, bringing the experience of a print-style gaming magazine to your iPad. Thanks to those who downloaded the pilot edition. If you enjoyed that, then you'll love what we have in store for you in this bumper issue.
- Exclusive preview of 9mm, Gameloft's new crime based shooter
- Top five feature: the best games to play on the toilet
- System Overload: a feature looking at the handheld competition for iOS devices
- Dev story: The making of Order & Chaos
- Thoughts from 'The Thumb': a mysterious unknown thumb, rants about his dislike for Angry Birds
- The G Spot: a roundup of gear for your iPad
- Top Apps for…: this issue we look at great companion Apps for TV
- Gamingology: Our resident gaming doctor looks at what makes a great game
- Pimp your pad: how to dress your iPad to impress
- REVIEW: We review the latest games for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, including: Atari's greatest hits, Back to the future, Bumpy road, Dead space, Elemental rage, Fast five, Final fantasy III, Gears , Max and the magic marker, Mos speedrun, Order & chaos, Speedball 2: evolution , Starfront: collision, Sword & sworcery ep, Tiger woods pga 12, World of goo and many more…
- Gallery: A sneak peak at the art of the upcoming Car Jack Streets 2
Great first issue
This magazine is precisely how I envisioned digital-format magazines should work on the iPad. I like the way you reorient the iPad to view articles in a different way, and the embedded movies, gameplay footage and screenshots are pretty awesome. In fact, graphically speaking, the magazine has a top-notch presentation.
But...I've read about half of it so far, and do need to say this: come on guys... Get an editor. Not being some Warcraft kiddie whose favorite comeback is "tl;dr," I DO read every word in your articles, and I've yet to come across one that didn't have some sort of typo, grammatical error, or unreadable sentence. I can forgive a mistake here or there, but it's pretty rampant. Clean up the text, and you'll have a smooth little publication here.
Still, I'll be back for issue two. I finally have a place to turn to for iOS reviews! Thanks!
Great first issue
I think this issue is awesome. The only thing I do not like is the reorient. It's really annoying constantly doing this. Look at national geographic's app. They do it very well. Other than that I loved it. Keep up the great work.
This should set the standard that others need to follow when publishing a digital magazine. I read it cover to cover and it was awesome.
- Category: Entertainment
- Released: Jun 07, 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 304 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French
- Seller: Nigel Wood
- © Copyright 2010 Nigel Wood
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.