ibisPaint is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 20 million times in total as a series, which provides 142 brushes, over 2200 materials, over 700 fonts, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibisPaint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibisPaint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 142 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- A screen tone feature with 46 tones including Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, and Square.
[Selection Area Features]
- 256 grades of selection for each pixel.
- Selection area inversion, moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Brushes strokes that respect selection area, Flood Fill function, layer duplication, layer catenation, layer moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Unlimited colors saved on the palette, or select any colors you want from the color wheel using HSB or RGB.
- Drag and drop to the color palette to save.
ibisPaint provides you with the “Prime Membership” (monthly payment) , which enables you to use fully fledged functions. The more people become a prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Added support for Apple Pencil (2nd Generation).
- Improved the default setting of the Pressure Adjustment Graph for SonarPen. To use this setting, please press the "Reset" button in "Pressure Sensitivity" of the Settings window while SonarPen is connected.
- Improved so that you can disable buttons on digital styluses. Please assign "No Selection" to "Button 1" or "Button 2" in the Settings window.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a problem on iPhone XS/XS Max/XR where the status bar is not displayed in Canvas, Playback, and Uploading screen.
- Fixed a problem on iPhone XS Max where the thumbs on Rulers are displayed too small.
[New Features in ver.5.5.0]
- Removed the limit of the maximum number of layers. (However the app runs slower if you add too many layers.)
- Added gestures to execute "Undo" by two fingers tap and "Redo" by three fingers tap on Canvas screen. (You can disable this function in the Settings window.)
- Added new filters: Radial Line filter and Speed Line filter.
- Added new prime filters: Tone Curve filter, Gradation Map filter and Clouds filter. (These are Prime features.)
- Added new blend modes: Invert, Lighter Color and Darker Color.
- Added a function to save DPI information when saving a PNG file.
- Added the support for color profiles (such as Display P3 profile) when loading image files.
Ratings and Reviews
Please Consider Subscription Alternative
Almost perfect app! Just one thing.. While the subscription model isn’t obligatory, please consider one time purchase for each new feature as an alternative to the subscription model. It’s very hard to stick with subscription model because of cumulative investment, which might not be affordable for most aspiring artists in the long run. Lots of people hate subscription model too, and they might stick to the current version even if they actually willing to pay few bucks for the new features that they use. From your perspective, you put lots of features frequently so one time purchase for each new feature would be very profitable too. I think like many people who love this app, we do care about the developer team, so thank you for reading this and I hope you would consider it. Thank you.
Near perfect for me
The app is brilliant and definitely worth the money I spent on it. It has all the brushes, tools, canvas sizes, and so on that I need, as well as automatically recording each drawing I made. There is one bug I’d like to report, which is when I view my speedpaints, it doesn’t show the footage of when I use the blur tool for some reason. It shows everything else but skips the blur tool as if I never used it. It doesn’t show any sign of blur at the end of the footage either so the art I made on footage comes out as different from how it looks on the canvas.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reviewing! We want to improve ibisPaint more! I am sorry about speedpaints feature. I want to fix it.
I can't say no other! (It's the best art app ever)❤️
I love this app it's just like paint tool sai but in there own way! I would love if more Brushes and shading tools would to come in, but the newest update is amazing! I always needed more space to save my colors. It has so much to it now and I’m excited! But It would be nice if more shading tools were added not just the water drop tool.
But Where it’s at right now is Perfect! I do recommend this app if you do digital art but can’t find a comfortable app. it’s really easy to understand and it’s relaxing I do recommend 10/10
- ibis inc.
- 47.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © ibis mobile inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Prime Membership $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.