Stop Motion Studio
By CATEATER, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get Stop Motion Studio, the world’s easiest app to get you into stop motion moviemaking today!
As seen on Apple's TV commercial “Life on iPad.”
Stop Motion Studio: Check out the buzz...
"This app has lots of attractive features, making it super easy to get into stop motion video. You’ll have a lot of fun playing with it.”
“With a little creativity and a lot of patience, there’s much fun to be had with this app! Check it out.
“...for satisfying the inner animation producer in all of us.”
“It includes some exciting features.”
“Let's Make a Movie!”
Want to create movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube? Then this is the app you’ve got to add to your collection.
Create beautiful stop motion animated movies anywhere instantly on your device. Everything you need is right at your fingertips. No computer needed. It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with. Create fantastic movies your friends will enjoy or share it with the world on YouTube, Facebook and other sites. Cool themes, titles and sound effects are easy to add, too.
Stop Motion Studio helps you to create terrific stop action movies with a whole host of unique features:
• Overlay mode to show you the differences between frames for precise control
• Grid mode to position animated objects more easily
• Ability to use the volume button on your device to capture images
• Integrated movie editor with frame-by-frame preview at different speeds
• Cut, copy, paste, delete and insert frames at any position
• Automatically capture frames with an adjustable time interval feature
• Zoom in and out on the timeline view so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
• Fade your movie in or out for a professional look
Do amazing things*:
• Create movies in Ultra High Definition with four times the resolution of Full HD.
• Import pictures from your photo library into your movie.
• Remote Camera: Get a new perspective! Use your iPhone, iPod or iPad as a remote camera connected via a Wi-Fi.
• Movie Effects: Choose from seven amazing effects to give your movie an extra-creative professional touch.
• Green Screen: Change the background of your scene to make the figures you capture fly or appear anywhere you can imagine.
• Rotoscoping: Import video clips and create stunning animations by painting over it.
• Add movie titles and credits using eight different themes. Or choose from 28 amazing theme and text cards.
• Choose from more than 30 different front- and background images.
• Colorize your movie with different paint tools and paint directly onto the image.
• Crop, rotate or flip an image the way you like it.
• Use the magic eraser to magically erase unwanted parts of the image.
• Merge frames together to simulate fast movement.
Full Camera Control
• 4K Ultra High Definition, 1080p and 720p.*
• Camera zoom
• Automatic or manual white balance, focus and exposure control
• Cinema Mode (2.35:1)
Record Audio or Add Music
• Bring it all to life using sound effects at virtually any position in your movie. Choose from more than 80 music and sound samples*
• Add music from your own song library to your movie
• Record audio or voiceover directly to your movie
• Adjust the volume of any sound track
• Import audio from Dropbox or any other app.
• Export your movie in up 4K UHDTV quality
• Export as animated GIF
• Export in square format for Facebook or Instagram
• Export all images
• Project Import and Export
Share Your Movie on the Web and in Your Home
• Publish directly to YouTube, Facebook, DropBox or iCloud
• Transfer your movies to your computer
• Built-in parental controls to manage access
* Optional feature. Requires in-app purchase. All features are already included in Pro version.
What's New in Version 7.1.1
- Fixes an issue when hardware keyboard is present.
Good app, but there's problems.
I had this app a while ago and deleted it, not having anything to film. I recently downloaded it again because I got some figures I can move for stop motion. I tried exporting it to my camera roll and it says it works, but it never actually appears in my camera roll. I've tried exporting it as a GIF file, but it is just exported as a picture of the first frame. I also cannot watch my video unless it is in edit mode, which doesn't show all the frames and makes it slow and choppy. Every time I try to watch it, it says there's an error about rendering the movie. I'm very upset because I've spent weeks making this movie and I can't even watch it. I'll update to five stars if this is all fixed. P.S.: I have an iPad Air two, so it's not my device that's the problem.
-EDIT- I figured out the problem with not being able to watch it, and I was so relieved. I still cannot export my animation though. I'm going to try to make some more space and try then, but overall it's a pretty good app. I do recommend it, and I would say it's the best stop motion app on the store. I just wish I could export it.
Not worth Pro
I didn't see anyone concerned by this so I shall bring it up. This app was great for me. The only other app that I had tried was the one by Lego, but I wanted more FPS, as it could only go to 10, so I got this one, and I can tell you, I have made so many fun stop motion videos with this. The problems, however, started popping up when I wanted to do more. I wanted to make things fly, but I couldn't erase without the full version, so I spent the money for it. The first few weeks of this were great! I was testing all of the features, but then they updated it, and now whenever I want to use erase or draw, the picture flips upside down. And they haven't fixed in, even though this bug has occurred for me for the past 5 updates, with 3 or 4 of them being bug fix updates. It makes me very frustrated. I'm started to doubt using this app as my main app, and switching to some software for Mac, as those also might have better quality to them.
All in all, if you aren't actually going to use this as a moderate/expert, go for it. However, if you actually want to make serious things with it, it's almost impossible.
Great app, but can you answer me this
This is an excellent stop motion app, but can you explain to me why suddenly all of my videos are so pixelated that a circle isn't even a perfect shape? And when I looked at one I saved to camera roll a long time ago before this problem came up, it is fine and about 720p quality. I hope that this is some kind of bug and not you trying to get me to buy HD because I'm not falling for that one. I can easily go and buy any other studio without this problem. Also, now all of a sudden it tells me that I can't use back camera for this app, so it's useless. It offers for me to go to settings and I do. I look at this app's settings and it never even mentions anything about cameras.
And I also have one of the latest models of an IPad mini so it's not my device that's the problem. This app would easily be 5 stars if it wasn't for these issues.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 31, 2016
- Version: 7.1.1
- Size: 58.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: CATEATER, LLC
- © Cateater, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Feature Pack$4.99
- Import Images$0.99
- Green Screen$0.99
- Movie Themes$0.99
- Sound Effects$0.99
- Movie Effects$0.99
- Remote Camera$0.99
- 4K Ultra HD$1.99