Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the brand new Skype for iPad – simpler than ever with an even more powerful search.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
· Find all of your friends and family in an instant - search for friends, groups, conversations or new contacts on Skype. With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
· Call your world for free - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
· Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines - Keep in touch with anyone even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines.
· Instantly get in touch - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free instant messaging.
· Share moments - Send photos, record and send video messages, share your location or share web content with the people who matter most.
· Available for Apple Watch - see your notifications and chat on your Apple Watch so you’re always part of the conversation.
· Skype is available everywhere - on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more at Skype.com
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 6.3
- Full iOS9 compatibility.
- Use Skype in split view and slide over for IM and voice calls.
- Reply to Skype notifications without needing to open Skype.
- Start chats with Skype contacts directly from Spotlight search.
- Improvements to low call volume issue.
Reduced functionality and reliability of a great product
Update: the latest app update was supposed to fix the volume fade outs, but they have gotten worse. Nothing is fixed, and now I have also noticed call waiting doesn't seem to work anymore. Skype is getting worse and worse, and now is about as crummy as the first VOIP services around fifteen years ago. Is it just unable to run on an iPad 4 anymore, or what? I actually pay money for premium Skype services, and have for years, but now I am forced to seek out a different company to provide this service. If they don't sort this out soon, I will be demanding a refund.
Doesn't seem to support my Bluetooth headset anymore. Automatically changes my status to online when I sign in now, whether I want it to or not, and seems to then show that online status even when I have closed the app, so people think I am online when I am not or when I want to be left undistracted. Sometimes when the app is not on, not even in the background, it rings for calls and shows offline IM notifications, but not consistently or in a consistently timely fashion. I have also found that volume is now flakey, fading in and out during a call. I rely on Skype, and have for years, so these issues are causing me problems. I am becoming pretty frustrated, and used to consider this a five-star app. If it isn't fixed soon, I am going to be forced to try alternatives.
Told to delete and reinstall app?
Six times this month, after I surfed the web and tried to come back to resume an IM chat, Skype has given me a message saying it can't log in properly and it tells me to delete the app and download it again from the App Store. I managed to get it to run without deleting and re-downloading but it's getting annoying having my conversations interrupted every time I go online.
Also I'm getting more contact requests from people I don't know. Who else is getting my information and how do I stop that?
The notification sounds are still buggy. Usually they work but sometimes the sound will turn off even though I never silence my contacts. I'm also getting signed in every time I check Skype, even though I prefer to stay invisible until I have time to chat.
"Hello??? What did you say???" - this is what I find myself often saying to myself about the callers with this version of Skype. It seems that Skype has somehow turned down the volume on this one; and NO I DON'T need hearing aides! We have the volume turned up to full blast and often have problems hearing our customers!
The ringer is quieter too. Often it doesn't ring at all and I miss a call. Not good for business. Lastly, WHY must we pay to call landline as if they were mobile phones?
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 01, 2015
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 81.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2014 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99