Escort Live Radar
By ESCORT Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whats new with Escort Live Radar v2.1.8
• Bug fix for log in issue.
2012 Car & Driver’s 10 Best Technology winner!
2012 Popular Mechanics Editor’s Choice award winner!
2012 CES Innovations in Design & Engineering award winner!
2012 SEMA Show Best New Mobile Electronic Product award winner!
ESCORT Users are saying:
“These advanced laser alerts are a life saver. Love it!”
“The new update just released has made the experience with Escort Live even greater.”
“I've been using Escort Live since early December, have taken one 3,000 mile trip (Florida to Massachusetts and back) and use it every time I get into the car. “
ESCORT Live Radar delivers the world’s most advanced real time radar and laser ticket protection giving drivers an unprecedented, advanced information picture of their driving environment. The result is an ESCORT Live Radar nation of drivers connected in the social network for the road. ESCORT Live Radar is available in two versions:
ESCORT Live Radar Free Download:
•‘Police Spotted’ speed trap alerts
•Mobile and fixed-position traffic enforcement camera alerts
•Ability to share your threat reports in the ESCORT Live™ network
•ESCORT’s patented Mark Location™ feature which allows drivers to receive automatic reminders for previously marked threats
•Multiple map and dashboard views on your smartphone based on user preference
ESCORT Live Premium:
•Real-time radar and laser alerts received by other detector users in the area
•Detailed threat information including time sensitive, ‘heat-mapped’ color coded warning icons for fast, safe and more accurate responses
•ESCORT’s patented GPS full feature set including: vehicle speed; posted speed limit data; over speed limit alerts; compass and directional headings
•Ability to easily connect to ESCORT’s class leading windshield mount radar detectors using ESCORT’s new Bluetooth enabled SmartCord Live™ power cord (select models only – visit ESCORTradar.com for details)
•Full access to ESCORT Nation
•Two convenient levels of subscription service – $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year
Did you know,
•Radar detectors are legal in 49 states (only Virginia prohibits their use)
•Multiple public domain sources reveal that more than 50 million drivers receive a speeding ticket in the United States each year – about one in every four drivers
•It is estimated that there are currently more than 60 million potential ESCORT Live™ compatible smartphones in use in North America with numbers increasing daily
Now you do, and ESCORT Live is here to help you Drive Smarter! Whether you’re using one of our industry-leading detectors or simply using Escort Live on your smartphone, we’re here to keep you safe on the road and ticket free. Take us for a drive TODAY! - ESCORTradar.com/escort-live
Note: ESCORT Live can be run in the background to preserve battery life of your smartphone. Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.1.8
Changes to address issues some users are experiencing being logged out and username/password not auto logging in.
Junk, lacks functionality and many bugs
- cannot remove an alert for spotted police even if the cop is no longer there.
- App comes up in the background even if you have it set up for no background tasks. So you have to kill the app all the time as just closing it isn't enough.
- Uses too much data vs. Waze which uses a third of data for a much more functional app
- Waze is more accurate and better with more functionality and it is FREE
- It Auto upload KA Bands so if the encounter is a moving KA then the location is false as it will not be there a second from now. No way to remove the false location.
- Have to pay to get all the benefits, again, Waze is free
- Depending on location, the user base is too small to have enough coverage of police
- Not enough support from Escort and the updates to the app are too few and far in between
- Cannot lock out KA false in the low 33.. Range (mostly Cobra detectors and some car sensors)
- Cannot mark an alert if the app is on "use location only when in use" mode. For this, the app must be on always allow so it eats up your battery and data as the app will use the phone GPS at random times even if closed. You should be able to mark the alert regardless as long as the app is open.
- If you pair it with a detector, it is nice to have the choice to lock false K and X band
Escort said on their forum they are looking into some of these bugs but the last update only fixed a log in issue.
Accurate but logging issues
I like the app and always use it in conjunction with my passport max2 detector when driving on the highway. I've been frustrated lately though because every time I go to mark a location for pice or otherwise I get an error saying it can't find my location. This is curious since it tracks me on the map just fine. Please find a fix, escort!
I don't usually write a review
But the update has broken my way of reporting a cop. Says can't find location or something like that even though the map is following my location. Tried restarting the app and the phone. Please fix. Love the app and the detector otherwise.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 18, 2015
- Version: 2.1.8
- Size: 51.4 MB
- Languages: En, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Escort Inc.
- © 2012 Escort Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Month$4.99
- 1 Year$49.99