Contre Jour HD
By Chillingo Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple has named Contre Jour HD iPad Game of the Year in more than 10 countries across Europe and Asia in App Store Rewind 2011. Thanks to Apple and all of our wonderful fans for supporting this special game.
Best Mobile Game of E3 ‹ GamePro
Best Mobile Game of E3 Finalist ‹ IGN
Best Mobile/Handheld Game of E3 Nominee ‹ Game Critics Awards
Blurring the lines between games and interactive art, Contre Jour welcomes you to a hauntingly beautiful world shaped by the interplay of light and darkness.
Use your finger to morph the landscape, propelling the mysterious creature Petit to safety. Pull, swipe, and tap gadgets such as tendrils, air geysers, and pulleys to complete clever puzzles. Set to a poignant orchestrated soundtrack from composer David Ari Leon, Contre Jour both delights and bedevils from start to finish.
"Contre Jour…seems like the complete package. It has challenging physics-based puzzles, a unique gameplay hook, beautiful graphics, and an eerie soundtrack. Keep a gigantic, rolling eyeball out for this game…” — Slide To Play
“I'm totally loving the look and feel of this one.” — TouchArcade
“It's a seriously gorgeous and addictive game, and I can't wait for it to come out.” — IGN
“The star of [E3] was Contre Jour, a darkly-weird platformer where you manipulate the ground around you.” — GamePro
Contre Jour Highlights
• Five chapters featuring 100 unique levels, as well as 300 collectable lights, will have you playing for hours and hours.
• Use extremely intuitive controls to change the environment around you.
• Twelve different interactive elements to master; portals, slingshots, tentacles, blowers and more.
• Stunning visual style places Contre Jour in a league of it’s own – simply one of the most beautiful games of the year.
• Rich, organic and original soundtrack by David Ari Leon perfectly matches Petit’s journey. Get some headphones and lose yourself in the world of Contre Jour.
• Unlock a variety of achievements as you play, can you find them all?
For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com
What's New in Version 1.31
The award-winning Contre Jour has finally been updated with iOS7 compatibility!
Awesome game, but now has ads
When I saw pictures of this game, I was reminded of world of goo which is one of my favorite indie games. After playing this game for a few hours I can say it does share some gameplay with world of goo, but is a fine game in its own right.
The game looks beautiful on a retina enabled iPad and the game has beautiful music.
Now for the bad part... One of the later updates added ads for other games to the main menu, pause screen, and level selection screen. Normally I am not too bothered by ads, but this is a paid app, and it really breaks the mood the rest of the game creates.
Love this game
I did not think I would enjoy this game as much as i do. It makes you think & understand the levels in order to complete it. Lots of levels & a fantastic sound track. This quickly has become a favorite of mine. Very cool concept & gameplay is awesome!
Are You Kidding Me?
I bought Contre Jour years ago. Decided to play it again yesterday and was appalled by the new ad bubbles... There are tons of them and they just keep coming. If you accidentally click on one, you are taken to the purchase page for another game. And the games?... They're nothing like Contre Jour... So it's not as if they are suggesting games you would like based on your Contre Jour purchase. This is the only game I have ever paid full price for that runs ads. They totally take me out of the dreamy mood of the game. RUINED!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 20, 2013
- Version: 1.31
- Size: 37.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Chillingo Ltd
- © Mokus
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Unlock - Chapter 3$0.99
- Early Unlock - Chapter 5$0.99
- Early Unlock - Chapter 4$0.99
- Early Unlock - Chapter 2$0.99