The Economist weekly magazine, digital edition
Users on iOS 10.3 or above can explore an expanded version of this app, incorporating daily and weekly updates, along with a morning briefing by searching for ‘The Economist’.
Readers can access their essential global briefing on current affairs, business, finance, economics, science, technology and the arts from The Economist each week.
Download the free app to:
• Enjoy three free articles a week, including the cover leader
• Enjoy the content of the weekly newspaper in an easy-to-use format
• Save articles to read offline later
• Get alerts when the new issue is available along with notifications on cover stories, breaking news and analysis.
• Subscribe within the app and get full access to Economist.com and The Economist apps
• Share articles via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook
• The app presents a great digital native reading experience for readers allowing for font size changes, Night Mode and other convenient user friendly qualities.
In today’s changing world, the one thing that’s certain is uncertainty. Make sense of it all with The Economist.
• Subscribe annually, quarterly or buy a single issue. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew. You can manage auto-renew of your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time, but must be turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again.
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON IPAD
Simply search for The Economist in the App Store to download the app for free.
Please note that this app requires iOS 8.0 and above. We recommend you update to the latest version of iOS to receive the best possible experience.
• Various fixes and improvements to the audio player
• Other bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The old audio player allowed a speed of 1.25x which was the perfect speed. Now there is only 1x or 1.5x
I would like to ask for more granular control on audio speed. Other then that it’s great to be able to listen to the economist on the go.
Terrible Account Management
What a frustrating experience. I bought on my phone using iTunes. I can’t get access on my tablet no matter what I do. Apple doesn’t provide support. I asked for help from the economist and they sent me an email describing a multi-step process that is different from the choices that are even available. I asked them to refund my money, but that got no response. I’d love to read the magazine, but it’s not worth this hassle.
Please return the features
Audio would not play unless i download it to my limited-storage phone. In the previous version i could stream the tracks online and resume where i left off. Since the new upgrade i can’t do those things anymore. This version is more like a downgrade, not upgrade.
Please return the features.
- The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- 24.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2017
- In-App Purchases
- The Economist $39.99
- The Economist $129.99
- Introductory subscription $45.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.