By Jaysen Marais
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Best of the iPhone Productivity category (US App Store Rewind 2011) ***
Create daily routines and stick to them. Featuring notifications, sync (iCloud & Dropbox), calendar integration, one-off variations, PDF output, import & export and friendly email support.
Daily Routine helps you stay on top of the little things. Do you forget to take breaks from work? Daily Routine can remind you. Taking too many breaks? Daily Routine's handy there too. Want a pretty print-out of your average day? Easily done. Who's Daily Routine for? Anyone who needs to juggle multiple tasks: freelancers, writers, stay-at-home mums, telecommuters, teachers, students and anyone else whose time is precious.
• Remind yourself what should be doing and when
• Create reminders for everyday tasks you often forget
• Enable or disable all notifications easily
• Specify different alert sounds for different activities
• Temporarily mute alerts during holidays using Quiet Times
Create & Edit routines
• One routine or many, it's up to you
• Edit your routines whenever you like
• Start simple, then get more adventurous when you're ready
• Edit times quickly with the neat 'time spiral' control
Flexible (new in v3)
• Add one-off variations to routines directly from the timeline
• Shorten, length, delay or bring forward individual timeslots easily
• Skip timeslots or entire routines on a single day with ease
• Attach notes to a timeslot for a single day
• Use iCloud or Dropbox to sync Daily Routine data between iPhone and iPad
• Setup iCloud in seconds
• Secure authentication (Daily Routine never knows your iCloud or Dropbox passwords)
Plays well with your Calendar
• Your calendar events can appear in the Daily Routine timeline
• Create and edit calendar events directly within Daily Routine
• Note: Daily Routine data doesn't appear in your calendar (your calendar is for important stuff)
Easy on the eye
• Dozens of colours and hundreds of icons to choose from
• Scroll through your timeline using the neat 'bendy' list UI
• Designed specifically for iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch
Time(line) is on your side
• Edit your routines and timeslots directly in the timeline
• Scroll the timeline days or even years into the future or past
• Updated landscape view shows your time as a sequence of days
• Now supporting overlapping timeslots and events for busy users
• Tap & drag the routine calendar to specify dates for a routine
• Schedule routines for specific days of the week or month
• Create advanced schedules with date ranges and repetition
• Partial-day routines allow you to schedule activities independently
• Proper support for routines that span midnight
Sharing is caring
• Print directly to an AirPrint printer
• Email your routines as a PDF or upload to Dropbox
• Pick and choose what data to export or import
• Send feedback directly to the developer via in-app feedback
• Got a suggestion? Tell us. Most new features come from user ideas
• Found a bug? We want to hear about it (truly!)
• All feedback emails answered by the developer directly, typically within 24 hours
iCloud sync requires iOS5 (or later) and an iCloud account.
Dropbox sync requires a dropbox account.
AirPrint requires an AirPrint-compatible wireless printer
What's New in Version 3.1.1
• Fixed crashing bug when attempting to paste into empty note field
• Fixed several bugs around adding timeslots to routine by specifying custom end time
• Fixed crashing bug when dismissing 'sound picker' popover on iPad while sound was playing
• Fixed bug that caused alternating day and week selections to be ignored
• Fixed crashing bug caused when sliding the 'skip' switch for timeslots
• Fixed some edge cases where alerts would not be queued correctly
This is a really great app for people who live on a schedule, so it’s perfect for me as a homeschooling mom. It is easy to use and actually quite quick to set up considering how customizable it is and how much information the app is organizing. People who complained that it’s complicated – I’m not sure how they think it could be more simple without losing the features that make it so fantastic. I love that I can map out our schedule for every Monday, something different for every Tuesday, etc., but then still put in days off (say for Memorial Day or Christmas break). There is no cutting or pasting or rewriting the schedule. It is very cleverly designed to simply map out regular routines. My only wish is that I could create schedules for multiple people (one for me, one for DS, and one for DD). I submitted a question about that on the feedback form and got a quick response and a workaround that is acceptable. I highly recommend this app!
WOW. Greatly improved! :)
I actually gave this app a one star roughly a year ago. I spent 1-2 hours trying to figure out how to use it before giving up in frustration. I never had to work so hard to figure out how to use an app before.
Recently, I noticed a promotion for this app and read the reviews about improvements. I decided to give the app another shot. I'm so glad I did! I'm amazed at how much more user friendly and intuitive the app is compared to how it was before. I fiddled around with it and figured out how to use it quickly. After I created my list of routines and activities, arranging my daily schedule was a breeze... it's actually much easier to make modifications to my daily schedule on the fly on this app than it is with a calendar app.
Anyways, I appreciate the thought that was put into developing the app. It's very beautiful and useful. Worth buying! :)
Unintuitive and confusing
I use a lot of apps. I used OmniFocus for a while. I have used lots of todo apps. I wanted to like this one because I love the idea of having a routine schedule for my days.
However, I spent several hours trying to understand this app. I watched videos and read the developer website. I deleted the app and reinstalled because I goofed it up. I just can't seem to get the hang of the way to use routines, versus instances, versus templates or whatever.
I tried creating my own routines and I tried using their examples. It was just so complicated. I had a very hard time getting it to work and eventually had to wonder if the trouble was worth any benefit I might derive from it.
I may come back to this app. I might try to play with it again. But I can't recommend it and I'm not using it now. Too complicated by far. It needs more drag and drop functionality, I think. It doesn't really take advantage of the touch screen environment. Not intuitive at all.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 11, 2013
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 16.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jaysen Marais
- © 2013 Jaysen Marais
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.