Groove – Music Player & Smart Playlists
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Downloaded some great tunes? Your music now deserves a smart and beautiful music player. Groove learns your listening habits and organizes your music into great playlists.
“Groove is like Apple's Genius on turbocharge” – Huffington Post
* Taste-learning algorithm figures out your musical preferences. The more you listen, the better it gets.
* Organizes your music collection intelligently using tags (indie, house, 90s, chillout, britpop, etc.).
* Automatic LAST.FM scrobbling without the need to connect to iTunes.
* Smart gestures to control volume, playback and get new mixes – perfect for when in the car.
* Seamless integration with iTunes Match, Apple TV and AirPlay-enabled speakers.
* Groove with Friends: Concocts a mix compatible with your friends musical tastes.
* Helps you rediscover your music collection.
* Beautifies your music collection by adding album art and artist pics.
* Share your favourite songs with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
- Home Sharing is not supported by Groove
- Works best with music libraries of more than 100 songs
Discover More Groovy Secrets:
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/groovemusicapp
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/groovemusicapp
“Groove is like the Genius button and Pandora had a love-child.” – FreshApps.com
What's New in Version 3.0.8
- Fix some minor issues.
Weird caching issues.
The app is well designed, fun to use, and I like how well it integrates with iTunes Match, but it causes an issue in the main Music app where it shows songs that this app has cached as downloaded, but you can't delete them from the Music app unless you turn on Show All Music in Settings, download the song it cached, and then you can delete it. I don't know what causes the bug, but it's pretty annoying to have to go through and do that for every song that it cached that I don't want on my phone. I'm guessing there's a limitation with Apple's iTunes Match API and this sort of thing probably doesn't matter to an iTunes Match use who leaves Show All Music on, but I found it bothersome enough that I won't be using the app anymore. Like I said, it's well-designed and fun to use, but this bug (or limitation) is a deal breaker for me.
Good at mixes and artwork, weaker in basics
This app is good for cars and other places where you just want to dive into your music collection but not with the complete abandon of a total shuffle. But as a main player in more relaxed settings, it lacks a few things in the basics department. You want to queue up some songs at the end of the current playlist? Sorry, no can do. What about go to a currently playing album or artist to take a deeper dive? Sorry, only if I feel like it. OK I'll go and find it myself then. Oh yeah, well I'm only going to show you half of the albums you have from this artist, just because. Plus, the app takes ages to start up even if you only leave it for a second. Use it for what it's good for, but don't throw out the default music app just yet.
Great alternative to built in music app
This app is great but what kept this review from a 5 is the lack of queuing songs and also was there a tutorial I missed? I accidentally discovered the volume control feature which I really liked but now I am trying to find out if there is a fast-forward feature in the app. It's not a necessity in my case but I don't know what other touch controls this app has. I haven't had this app that long so I can't elaborate on any other uses but the que feature is a must. Also the ability to delete songs from a mix and have them replaced both in which other users commented on, thank you.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 27, 2014
- Version: 3.0.8
- Size: 29.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Zikera
- © Zikera
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.