By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get way into what you love on Google+. Start exploring today!
• Explore topics you’re interested in
• Connect with people who share your interests
• Fill your stream with great content by following interesting people, pages, and communities
• Join communities to connect with people around all kinds of topics
• Follow your curiosity using search, trending topics, and What’s Hot
• Share rich posts with your followers
• Back up all your photos and videos
• Find the right photo fast with image search
• Enhance photos in a flash and get creative with easy editing tools
• See moments brought to life as Stories, Movies, animations, and more
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.8.4
- Bug fixes
Secure way to share
Handy way to share anything you want in the way YOU want to share. Unlike other social networks you get to easily chose who to share information, pictures or anything else with. The best part is the circles.
Create your circles populate the circles with your choice of friends and family and then share photos, comments, etc with one individual or one circle or all your circles or go public for everyone to see. It is YOUR choice. By default anything uploaded is private and to me that is important. I then have the opportunity to chose how and with whom I share. It is constantly being upgraded and new innovations are being included. I use other social networks but this is my favorite.
It is unfortunate that some companies work hard to cripple this program, but that just shows their lack of a moral compass.
A good picture is a good picture in any language
Google's circle idea sets it apart from Facebook and allows a different approach to publishing and following. Facebook encourages sharing with folks you know in the world. G+ encourages sharing by interest group. The circles allow you to share to a circle sharing a subject matter interest. The communities allow,you to discover those with like interests. It works particularly well for photo sharing. It post original photos of my greyhounds and share photos to my extended circles. Circles are also an easy way to see posts by favored sources. Google is also pretty good at selecting public posts to show and keeps the general stream stable. My only gripe is that there is no way to bookmark an item for later return.
I love G+, and the app is great. But...
I am a moderator of a community on G+, and there are things that I can't do here that I can on a computer.
For example, I can't move a post on the community to a more appropriate category. It's minor, but I would like to do all this on my phone than having to switch back and forth between my phone and my computer.
Other things to work on are having Polls available on the posting options, as we don't have them on.
Then there's the accepting new members, where I get notifications that there are new ones that want permission to join, but when I tap the notification, it sends me to the community page instead of the "waiting for approval" page.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 21, 2015
- Version: 4.8.4
- Size: 73.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.