TV Forecast HD ~ Your Personal TV Guide
By Big Bucket Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TV Forecast HD is a TV guide just for you.
Stay up to date with episode times or flick through episode summaries while waiting for your favorite show to air.
With TV Forecast HD you can rest assured you'll never miss an episode again.
New for iOS 5: Your forecast in the cloud! With iCloud, your forecast is wirelessly pushed to all of your devices. Also integrates with TV Forecast for iPhone.
• Upcoming and previous episode lists of all of your favorite TV shows at a glance.
• A calendar just for your TV shows.
• Ability to bookmark your last watched episode.
• Timeline view for knowing exactly when and for how long each episode will be airing.
• Ability to automatically adjust air times to your local time zone.
• Detailed episode information of every episode in a series.
• Ability to be notified before, after, or as soon as an episode goes to air.
What's New in Version 1.6
• Retina artwork for the New iPad.
• Fixes a bug that could cause TV shows to be duplicated in the forecast.
• Fixes a bug that could TV Forecast HD to crash after refreshing the forecast.
I've used the iPhone app for several years and had my issues. I'm sure part if it was that this app is much better with newer phones and a good wifi speed. On my iPhone 3GS, with wifi the show list loaded very slowly and because my list was very long it would sometimes freeze or crash, but when it worked I was happy as I use this app daily.
I installed in my new iphone5s and the loading is definitely improved. I also upgraded my wifi so combined with the new phone it's been working well. It's not perfect as I'd like to be able to add cancelled shows to keep a record of when they aired. Currently older shows are grayed out. I noticed when I installed on new phone a lot of the shows that had cancelled and showed ended in my old phone show list were now showing up as TBA. If they could enhance on these issues a bit I'd pay for an upgrade. This is an invaluable TV tool for tracking upcoming shows as well as keeping a history of your favorite shows that may have ended or been cancelled. I like that it's simple, easy to use and doesn't require you to sign up, or log in with Facebook or Google. That's just way too much with some apps and Hope this app never succumbs to that idiocy. Keep it simple people.
I just purchased the HD version for my ipad air. It's taking forever to update, hopefully with my show list from the iPhone. I'll report bk later on the HD.
Great App for TV Listings
This is a great app that builds on the success of the OS X Dasboard Widget, which I used for almost 2 years. The iPad App is an excellent port that is still missing 2 critical features:
1. Syncing with iCloud so users can follow their lists on all devices instead of manually doing so on each of them
2. A Universal App. I had to buy 2 seperate versions, one for the iPad and the other for the iPhone
Nice Interface, When It Works
New interface released back in the spring is pretty cool, however there are numerous times with the app runs EXTREMELY slow, and several of my shows are only showing about 10-20% of the icon artwork. Deleting the show and adding it back does not solve the problem. Emailed developer on others issues several months back and no one bothered to respond. If these items ever get corrected, will update to 5 stars.