By Behavior Science.org, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: D.A.T.A. is not compatible with iOS 8. We are currently reviewing our options to update the application.
The Direct Assessment Tracking Application (D.A.T.A.) is designed to allow users to precisely measure how often and how long events occur over time. The application can be used to conveniently and inconspicuously collect data on a wide range of events in a variety of settings.
- Track up to 4 events simultaneously
- Arrange count up or count down timings
- Change timings across hours, minutes, and seconds
- View count, count per minute, duration, duration per minute values in real-time
- View the record floor, total time, and interval values for your timing sessions
- Save data records by client ID
- Automatically repeat timings and record data (interval recording)
- Set the device to vibrate or play sounds to signify the end of a timing
- Add or mute sounds for each counter press
- Display and record the name of the event(s) you are tracking
- Record the name of the location where you are tracking
- Record notes for the event(s) you are tracking
- Scroll through a summarized version of all saved data
- Easily delete individual data entries or clear all data entries
- Email recorded data as .csv files for easy manipulation and graphing in programs like Microsoft Excel or Apple Numbers
- Quickly plot rate, duration, and record floors on Behavior Research Company’s family of Standard Celeration Charts (www.behaviorresearchcompany.com)
- Track the number of flashcards you can answer in a set period of time.
- Measure how long a child tantrums during dinner time.
- Count the number of exercises you can perform in a minute.
- Track the number of “ums” said while practicing your public speaking.
- Assess the number of times a student talks out during a class.
- Count the number of math problems your child can complete in 5 minutes.
- Track the percentage of intervals a student is on task during a class across ten second timings.
- Determine the duration of time you spend studying across 10 minute timing intervals.
- Count the number of words your child can read in a minute.
- Track the number of words a friend can type in 30 seconds.
Time saving, accurate and convenient!
I am an applied behavior analyst who works with many children in many locations. I have pre-set the D.A.T.A. app with each child’s behavioral targets and session durations so that I can start collecting data the minute I walk into the house. Taking data is faster and easier using this app and the children are not distracted, in fact taking data is so quick they likely don’t even see me do it! I love that I can email the data to myself and have all my graphs updated with a few simple clicks. I cannot wait for all of my tutors to have this app so I can analyze the data more frequently and not have to pick up the data sheets from the houses! I love this app and would highly recommend it to all behavior analysts-such a time saver!
easy, flexible, great app!
D.A.T.A has been an great addition to my data collection tools - in fact makes many of my previous methods obsolete now that so this one app can do so much. Easy to use, intuitively designed so I was able to get started right away and the best part is that sharing my data with others and preparing it for display has never been easier. Highly recommended!
Fantastic innovation for behavior sciences
The previous reviewer is incorrect; you can easily have it do one-minute, seventeen-minute, 30-second, etc. automatically consecutive interval recording that automatically resets until you stop it!
It took me a while to become fluent with all the features, etc., but I use it daily in work. One of the most valuable apps I own!