OOTP Baseball 12
By Out of the Park Developments
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"The only baseball sim I've ever gotten addicted to..." - Curt Schilling
~~~ Now 75% off, save $30! ~~~
Out of the Park Baseball 12 is an award-winning baseball simulation that GameSpot called "the best baseball management sim out there". OOTP offers unparalleled flexibility in creating your own baseball world. Play solo with a baseball world of your own creation: make a simple, 8-team league, play a typical major league game with 2011 rosters, create a historical league with real players from any year between 1871 and 2010 or build an enormous world with baseball leagues in multiple countries. For the ultimate challenge, join an online league and test your mettle against other human players!
OOTP 12 is the closest most people can get to being the general manager of a real baseball team. Handle GM tasks like drafts, trades, scouting, waivers, team finances and personnel. Negotiate player contracts. Or, dive into the more hands-on management and set your team's lineups, pitching staffs, and in-game strategy. You can oversee your league at a high level, or play out each game, managing pitch by pitch.
Players in OOTP are rated across multiple skills, and include individual personalities and custom faces created with FaceGen technology. OOTP players progress realistically over time. Try to build a team through the draft, or try to sign big free agents to put you over the top! OOTP also has a powerful news engine that generates personal messages and news articles. Behind all of this is an incredibly powerful statistical engine that tracks an enormous number of statistics for each player in your world. Want to know how your star hitter is doing against righties with runners in scoring position? No problem!
New Features in OOTP 12:
- 2011 Opening Day major leagues roster set
- New financial system & contract negotiations
- Great league newspaper screen
- New international scouting
- More realistic historical leagues with real life transactions & lineups
- Brand new AI engine & improvements
- Much more, over 100 new features & improvements
OOTP 12 also has a vibrant and helpful user community, and an active one that creates a vast number of user customizations that you can use to further improve your gaming experience, including special roster sets, logos, player images, and more.
What's New in Version 12.5.46
- Fixed an issue where the winner of the playoffs was not properly highlighted in the league history
- Fixed an issue which caused the owner to take away (or add) cash to the team budget despite the 'owner controls budget' being turned off
- Fixed rare crash when adding a new manager in online leagues
- When negotiating with free agents, the negotiation screen now displays your previous offer
- Players on waivers can no longer be offered contract extensions
- Players who were just released cannot be signed by their former team
- When setting the scouting / development budget, cash on hand can be used if the projected balance is negative
Great game, App Store version is buggy
Best baseball simulation game to come to market -- ever; BUT the version available for sale on Apple's App Store is EXTREMELY SLOW; it constantly shows in activity montior as "Not Responding".
Also instead of New York Yankees, the team names show up as random nouns, i.e. New York Cougars (with all the correct players for 2011 MLB).
I also had the version of the game sold directly by OOTP (for Mac) and was using it on this same computer and it was MUCH faster AND had real team names.
If you don't trust OOTP's website but really want this game - then the App Store version might be for you - if you can deal with the speed issues.
Otherwise, I suggest purchasing directly from OOTP
Used on MacBook Air
OSX 10.7.2 Lion 1.8 GHz Intel C2D 2GB DDR2
Best baseball game on the market, period.
I have played many baseball games in the past and have been an avid baseball fan my whole life and nothing compares to this game. OTTP 12 gives you the true feeling of being a baseball GM. The game has endless game modes so the challenges are endless and will provide entertainment for hours on end. In regaurds to the loading speed I have experienced no problems and all the loading speeds are very reasonable. Overall this game is a blast to play and makes you feel like you are really a baseball General Manager (And for ten dollars they are practically giving the game away for free.)
Um, not what I was expecting...
This sounded to me like you'd be able to manage historic teams, but it doesn't appear to do that at all. The reviewer below is correct - there are no Dodgers or Yankees or Cards. And if the historic player's stats are supposed to be part of this game, I sure can't find them. Not what I wanted at all.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 12, 2011
- Version: 12.5.46
- Size: 284 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co KG
- © 2011 Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co KG
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later