Text Automator Actions Pack
By Automated Workflows, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
This action pack extends the power of Automator with 30 actions for performing text manipulation functions in Mac OS X!
* Add Prefix to Text
* Add Prefix to Text Paragraphs
* Add Suffix to Text
* Add Suffix to Text Paragraphs
* Balance Paragraphs
* Change Case of Text
* Close TextEdit Documents
* Combine Text Strings
* Decode URL Encoded Strings
* Extract URLs from Text
* Find and Replace in Text
* Get Characters of Text
* Get Length of Text
* Get Opened TextEdit Documents
* Get Paragraphs of Text
* Get Words of Text
* Read Text File
* Remove Duplicate Paragraphs from Text
* Remove Empty Paragraphs
* Remove Leading Characters from Text
* Remove Markup from Text
* Remove Prefix from Text Paragraphs
* Remove Suffix from Text Paragraphs
* Remove Trailing Characters from Text
* Save TextEdit Documents
* Sort Text Paragraphs
* Split Text
* Trim Text
* URL Encode Strings
* Write Text to File
1) Download the action pack from the Mac App Store
2) Launch the action pack application (this is necessary to register the actions with Automator, and must be done whenever an updated action pack is downloaded and installed)
3) Relaunch Automator
If you're new to Automator, check out the video podcast series, Mac Automation Made Simple, available online http://www.automatedworkflows.com/tips/videos/ and in iTunes. This covers a lot of the basics.
The user guide for the actions is accessible from the Help menu in the main action pack, or may be downloaded here: http://www.automatedworkflows.com/files/docs/products/AW_Automator_Actions_Lion.pdf
Sample workflows for this action pack are available for download here: http://www.automatedworkflows.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=45
FOR PREVIOUS USERS OF OUR AUTOMATOR ACTION PACKS
Due to changes in some actions and Automator, you may need to reconstruct your existing workflows. To do this, simply open the workflows and replace the previous versions of our actions with the updated versions.
Automated Workflows, LLC's support forum provides answers to frequently asked questions about our products, and allows an opportunity for user discussion of our products: www.automatedworkflows.com/forum
To report product bugs, suggest product features, or with a specific support inquiry please contact us directly via our website: www.automatedworkflows.com/about-us/contact-us/. We try to personally reply to all support requests.
NOTE: Please be sure to check the frequently asked questions section of the online forum before reporting bugs.
What's New in Version 4.0.5
* Read Text File Action - Added support for reading Unicode (UTF-8) and Unicode (UTF-16) text files, in addition to plain text files.
* Restructured portions of app to meet app store sandboxing guidelines
* Redesigned app icon
It works, if there was a manual it would be much better. If your having trouble getting one of the actions (the provided dictionary for the workflow is weak) to work you have a FAQ to work with or email Automated Workflows and wait for a response. 2 1/2 stars till I get a manual.
I paid and downloaded. But it won't open. The Mac screen told me to go to the app store to download it again, but the app store shows me "instaled" and won't do anything. Such a bad experience!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 29, 2012
- Version: 4.0.5
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Automated Workflows, LLC
- © 2013 Automated Workflows, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor