By Resignation Media, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*Probably the Best App in the World*
All day, every day, theCHIVE brings you the most funny, sexy, and heartwarming photos & videos. theCHIVE app is a buffet of hilarity and hotness, with a touch of humanity…all served up in pictures and videos for your viewing pleasure. You must be really special!
Little known facts about theCHIVE:
- You will never be bored at school or work again. Ever.
- 3 out of 5 dentists surveyed say theCHIVE app improves oral hygiene.
- Bathroom breaks will be much more entertaining.
- You will get more right swipes and give more left swipes.
- theCHIVE app promotes whirled peas.
- theCHIVE app is way funnier than this. Get busy downloading!
"theCHIVE is the most entertaining website on the internet."
-James Hibbard, Entertainment Weekly
What's New in Version 2.2.30
New features to lose your sh*t over:
* Our brand-new side menu has a bold, amazing flavor, but it’s much smoother on the way down. Beer jokes. Heh.
* No more hunting like you're on a long safari-like trips with your thumb. You only have to swipe right on any post list for quicker access to our amazing new side menu.
* Want to go down the rabbit hole? Of course you do. We’ve got new category pages so you can easily see our more “interesting” sub-categories when your boss isn’t looking.
* Here’s a huge one: We can now support for web embeds! (Exclamation points!) You can now enjoy quizzes, interactive posts, tweets, instagrams, etc. in their natural naked glory.
* Our “Top Rated” category has moved to the bottom toolbar and the Explore function moved into the side menu. You know, just to keep things interesting.
* Performance improvements...because that’s what everyone else in the app store says so we’re saying it too.
Bug fixes we squashed… um, like a bug
* Fixed issue where deep links from emails would sometimes fail. (Our email department has been terribly annoying about this so we’re glad not to talk to them again).
* Fixed issue where a crash would sometimes occur when signing in/signing out. Because who wants that?
* Outdated posts on the Explore page? Psssshhhh. No more. We fixed the issue where Most Shared and Most Commented wouldn’t update in the Explore Page.
* Fixed bug where we sometimes have too many drinks with Alen. Even though Alen tends to buy us those drinks. And arm-wrestle us. And win. Probably while cheating.
* More protections from bad ads.
A picture app should load pics
Just upgraded. Do not do it. This upgrade makes it worse than when it was originally released. Won't even load the credits so I can see who botched this up so bad. Also, a huge memory hog. Dropping to 1 star.
Previous review (although it had gotten better over time until now):
A big part of this app is efficiently, accurately, and completely loading pics. It fails at a least two of these. The old app would load pics as you swipe. This one attempts to load all at once and when it fails there is no way to force a picture to load. So a gallery of 30 pics may have 20 load and you no way to force the other 10 to load. The old app would allow you to swipe away and back to load. With regards to efficiency, whenever you watch a video you get an ad first. I'm ok with that, but the ad is delivered so slowly it takes forever to sit through a 15 second ad. When the video content plays it's fine. If the video ad bandwidth is that bad we should be able to bypass it
Great site, good app
The Chive has always been an outstanding institution. Rooted firmly in their community of great people, and questionable morals, theChive helps many through the meat grinder that is life. The app has bugs here and there. Zooming in on pictures sometimes crashes the gallery (and those are pictures that need an extra zoom) and the app needs to be restarted. Some videos have difficulty loading sometimes and things that bounce seems to disappear some weeks... has to be an app issue. I can't say enough great things about theChive as a community, though the app could use updates and tweaks slightly more frequently to address the concerns of the techies out there. All in all it will get you through your work day in a better mood than you started with.
Love content. App crashes After looking at three galleries constantly. Also there are pretty chivettes over 40 please show them. My wife use to make chive all the time now never. Don't know if it's because I slowed down on my purchases to sight or what. Also will never buy another snickers bar in my life. Ad keeps popping up an blocking content. Stop it ads at bottom are ok but really every 2 screens it pops up. I am dumping the chive. Galleries are all the same. Obviously number 54 in sexy chiver among us is dating someone at the chive tired of seeing her and many of my friends agree. I guess you have to purchase something to get your pictures on the chive.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 21, 2017
- Version: 2.2.30
- Size: 58.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Resignation Media, LLC
- © Copyright 2011-2017 Resignation Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.