ibis Paint X - speed painting
By ibis inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ibisPaint X is an app based on the concept of social drawing, it allows you to publish the drawing process so you can share the joy of drawing with everyone.
- An easy to use app that allows you to enjoy expressing yourself through drawings.
- Feel the smoothness of drawing, and enjoy fast functionality.
- Upload videos of how you drew your artwork.
- Share the URL of your artwork on Twitter and Facebook.
- Download other people's artwork.
*Differences between ibis Paint and ibis Paint X
ibis Paint X has ads.
If you purchase the In-App upgrade, the ads will disappear and there will no longer be any difference with ibis Paint.
The ability to record yourself drawing and to share the video is not the only great feature, ibis Paint X also has a full suite of drawing functions.
- Smooth drawing at up to 60 fps.
- 142 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes and flat brushes.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick slider that allows the quick adjustment of brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush preview.
- As many layers as your device's memory will allow (depending on the device and canvas size).
- Layer modes such as individual layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- A screen tone feature with 46 tones including Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, and Square.
[Area Selection Functions]
- 256 grades of selection for each pixel.
- Selection area inversion, moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Brushes that change depending on the selection area, fill function, layer duplication, layer catenation, layer moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- 30 colors saved on the palette, or select any colors you want from the color wheel using HSB or RGB.
- Drag and drop to the color palette to save.
- Tap and hold Color Picker.
[Overall Drawing Functions]
- A handy ruler tool feature for drawing figures, etc.
- Drawing support features including image stabilization and forced entry/omission.
- 25 different filter features.
- New material tool with 880 textures and tones.
- Rotating canvas feature.
- Background color setting feature.
- Undo/redo over 100 steps with the undo and redo functions.
- Brush, Eraser, Smudge, Blur, Fill, and Color Picker.
*Blur not supported on iPad(1st), iPhone3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch(3rd/4th).
- Smooth zoom (70%-4000%).
[Supported Digital Styluses]
- Cregle iPen
- Cregle iPen 2
- Wacom Bamboo Fineline 2
- Wacom Bamboo Stylus fineline
- Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus
- Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus 2
- HEX3 JaJa
- Ten One Design Pogo Connect
- Ten One Design Pogo Connect 2
- e-pens mobile notes for iPad
- MVPen EN309i
- Yifang Digital A-pen
[Functions for Enjoying Drawings]
- "My Gallery" function that lets you enjoy your own artwork.
- Replay yourself drawing (with adjustable replay speed).
- Export replay videos (MOV) and captures (PNG/JPEG) to the photo library with the export function. (Videos can be saved after uploading).
- A feature for sharing still images (PNG/JPEG), videos (MOV), and artwork files (IPV) on Twitter, Facebook and LINE, etc.
* A Twitter and/or Facebook account is required to upload, encode, and download artworks.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
What's New in Version 4.2.2
Thank you for using ibis Paint X!
If you have any problems, please inform us via the "Contact Us" of "Developer Website" and not via the App Review.
The summary of this update is below.
- Added "Save Flood Fill Settings" switch in the Setting window of the Canvas screen. (We've changed the specification of the Fill Tool so that "Easy setting" turns on every time if you enters My Gallery in ver.4.2.0 because there was a problem that the whole canvas is filled if the setting of the Fill Tool is bad. For advanced users who know how to set fill settings please turn this switch.)
- Improved the Fill Tool to be able to fill from a transparent point if the reference layer is the current layer or the designated layer.
- The bottom toolbar and the top buttons of the Canvas screen is now disappearing if you drag near them with the Magic Wand Tool, Lasso Tool, Fill Tool, Color Picker, and Quick Color Picker.
- Fixed the Fill Tool to use the selection area of the Selection layer to determine the area to fill if the reference layer is the canvas.
- Fixed the easy setting of the Fill Tool to be able to fill cleanly up to the edge of the area to be filled if the current layer is the Selection layer.
- Fixed the easy setting of the Magic Wand Tool to be able to select cleanly up to the edge of the range you want to select.
- Improved the Magic Wand Tool that "Under Line" switch is now available if the reference layer is the canvas.
- Fixed the Magic Wand Tool to use the selection area to determine the area to select if the selection range mode is "Add" or "Subtract".
- Improved the Fill Tool that "Under Line" switch now works with the Selection layer if the reference layer is the canvas.
- Fixed the behavior in backspace key of "dpi" input field in new canvas selection to make it to easier to change the dpi.
- Fixed the completed image of an artwork in the speed-painting movie to display the transparent area of the image as a checkered pattern if the background of an artwork is transparent.
- Changed priority of thumbs of rulers so that normal rulers (Straight Ruler, Circular Ruler, Ellipse Ruler and Radial Ruler) are higher than symmetry rulers (Mirror Ruler, Kaleidscope Ruler, Rotation Ruler and Array Ruler).
- Changed the orientation of the direction of the arrow of the selection button (white arrow on black background) that comes out when selecting the Straight Ruler, the Circular Ruler, the Ellipse Ruler or the Radial Ruler to the upper left of the screen.
[Fixed Bugs And Problems]
- Fixed a bug where the initial image is seen from the transparent area of the image if you return to the top on playing a transparency artwork.
- Fixed a bug where the broken image is displayed if you return to the top on playing an artwork which has a transparent background and was resized.
- Fixed a bug where the current layer is not restored if you import a photo from the Photo Library while the current layer was Selection layer and undo it.
- Fixed a bug where values can not be adjusted correctly even if the knob is placed in between in the slider where the value rapidly changes as the slider goes to the right.
- Fixed a bug where the Straight, Circle, Ellipse and Radial Ruler can not move when the Array Ruler at the time of unlocking overlaps them.
- Fixed the light blue square in the Perspective Form of the Transform Tool to return to the original shape when the rectangle collapses and become a straight line and when you crush the frame and move the knob of the side position again.
- Fixed a bug where the menu at the bottom of the screen blinks and many points are drawn if you draw with the Brush Tool from the center of the screen to the top of the menu at the bottom of the screen and touch up and touch down are repeated at high speed in that position.
- Fixed a bug where it become inoperable if you repeatedly hit with a pen when using Apple Pencil.
Best artistic app on the market
I have tried an enourmous amount of drawing apps in the app store, all of them are very buggy, limited, and not user friendly. This has every tool an artist could need, and even getting the full version (which I highly recomend to support the developers) is not over-priced. On the contrary, I'd even pay more! I can not endourse this app enough, it is easy to use, fluid, and you can even work it on a phone for a scetchbook in your pocket.
Summary: easy to use, and innexpensive, highly reccomend to everyone
This app has allowed me to create professional looking artworks all at the touch of my hand. It may seem difficult to work with at first, especially if you're using your fingers, but after a short time I was able to get used to it. My only possible complaint is that there is a limit to how many layers you can have, so you might have to strategize when to make a new layer. It caught me off guard, but I was able to adapt with little to no trouble.
Could be better, not for everyone
The app itself is a good idea though the user interface is confusing. When running the app, it causes my phone to over heat, and freezes offen. The controls are hard to use, when drawing it ends up shifted then where you wanted it.
On a positive note, the tools are better then any other app I have used. The recording tool is a nice touch, and easy to use.
Summery- only get if you are patience and willing to wait. Check to see if your device can handle the app, otherwise it might not work right.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 13, 2016
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 38.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: ibis inc.
- © ibis inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove-Ads Add-on$4.99