Paprika Recipe Manager
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: the apps are sold separately, and the cloud sync service is free.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, and tap to highlight your current step.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Fixed problems with editing recipes viewed through the meal planner.
- Tweaked grocery list printing to reduce space between items.
- Restored ability to drag-and-drop images from the browser into the clipboard tools.
- Fixed serving size when printing/emailing/exporting recipes if the recipe is scaled.
Paprika is a pain to use
The developer took forever to add the standard fullscreen widget to the upper right corner of the window, and now that they have, the standard MacOS keyboard shortcut (cmd-ctrl-F) to activate it doesn’t work. Why stray from the interface guidelines? Also, it seems that cmd-N should create a new recipe, seemingly the most common task users would do, but no, it doesn’t. Cmd-N makes a new category. Do the developers really think that’s what users do most often? I know how to change these behaviors, but most users will not.
If you have the app in full screen and quit, upon relaunch, it does not return to full screen mode. Why not?
Finally, getting new recipes into the app has too many pain points. Instead, I find myself simply adding recipes to Evernote. Easy peasy.
I wanted to love Paprika, but I can’t. I also can’t recommend it.
A little less chatty please
The frequency of updates on this, along with the modal notification that the update has happened, is more than a bit irritating. I like pretty much everything about the app except this. It’s almost to the point that I want to stop using it for the irritation factor.
I’ve cooked 6 new recipes within the last 2 days and before getting this app, I didn’y cook haha, really useful
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 01, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 3.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2014 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor