By KORG INC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The inspiringly creative Kaossilator comes to iPhone!
Korg has revolutionized the musical instrument world with their dynamic line of Kaoss products, using an intuitive X-Y pad to provide expressive musical control. The palm-sized KAOSSILATOR synthesizer placed modern music-making in the hands of thousands of musicians and non-musicians alike. Now that same excitement has been captured in the iKaossilator app for iPhone!
● Play sounds by simply stroking, tapping, or rubbing the screen with your finger
● Bold Visual Effects move along with your performance and add excitement
● 150 diverse built-in sounds cover any style of dance music
● Scale/Key settings allow anyone to perform with musical precision
● Easily create tracks with the loop sequencer using up to five parts
● Control loops in real time for DJ-Style live performances
● Audio Export records and saves your performance, just as you heard it
● SoundCloud allows users to share and remix loops with other users worldwide
● WIST capability allows wireless sync-start with other music apps
● AudioCopy/AudioPaste Support
● Audio Loop Import
● Seamless operation in tandem with the Kaossilator 2
■ Perform Using A Single Finger
iKaossilator uses the unique X-Y interface made famous by Korg’s entire Kaoss Line, including the original hand-held KAOSSILATOR. Create melodies and phrases simply by stroking, tapping, or rubbing the touch screen with your finger; no musical knowledge is required.
■ Bright, Colorful Visual Effects
iKaossilator is also focused on its graphic design, which shows up beautifully on the iPhone's high-quality display. The visual effects on the iPhone's display move along with your performance and add excitement. These bold, colorful graphics provide an exciting performance experience.
■ 150 Diverse Sounds Covering Many Musical Styles
Use the 150 built-in sounds to perform and produce a broad range of dance music styles including hip-hop, house, techno, dubstep, nu-disco, and electro. Enjoy the synth leads and synth bass sounds you expect from a synthesizer. The drum sounds let you play and manipulate various patterns simply by moving your finger.
■ Loop Sequencer
The built-in loop sequencer lets you layer up to five musical parts. To create a track, simply assign a loop such as synth, bass, chords, sound effects, or drums to each part. Fifty loops created by professional musicians are built-in to help you get started quickly. In addition to its track-making capabilities, this loop sequencer is also a great feature for live performance. The Mix Play feature makes it easy to enjoy live remixing; you can switch seamlessly to another loop or extract a specific part from another loop while the playback continues.
■ Audio Export
You can record your performance in real time, or export a completed loop as an audio file. By sending your creations to a Mac or PC via iTunes, you can share them with your friends or use them in a full-fledged music production. You can also upload them directly to SoundCloud.
■ Share Loops on SoundCloud
n online audio platform that's very popular among musical creators. The loops you create can be uploaded directly to SoundCloud from within the app. If you attach the loop data, it will be shared to other users' loop lists. Users worldwide will be exposed to new loops they've never heard, and can combine them with their own loops to create remixes. It's a new way of enjoying music by and unleashing your iKaossilator’s potential throughout the world.
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
What's New in Version 3.1.0
● Ableton Link - A new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Link-enabled iOS apps such as KORG Gadget, iELECTRIBE and iKaossilator, and Ableton Live 9.5 for Mac/PC over a wireless network
● This version requires iOS 8 or later
● Bug fixes and improvements
Anybody can jam
I owned an original Kaossilator, which I love. This app is very similar to the idea of the original, yet expands on it by allowing longer looping, allowing you to create and view your recordings, then mix them in a grid pattern similar to session view in Ableton, and allows you to erase any one piece of the song at a time rather than only being able to layer over your last recording with no option of returning, as was the case with the hardware.
This app is easy to use for anyone... Just set a key and scale, touch your finger to the pad and go. I've made cool songs with my 6 (now7) yr old niece.
The only thing I prefer about the original are SOME of the sounds. That said, this incorporates cool sounds as well and has downloadable soundpacks I believe.
Great app for simple beat construction, quickly recording an idea, or just for fun. Would recommend.
Useful for Me
I got this because I was looking for some deep bass sounds to insert into my live show. The bass sounds ended up being okayish, but there are enough sounds in here that there's a strong chance everyone will find some that they like.
I like several of the Leads, the Acoustics --while not sounding especially acoustic-- do sound interesting, and there are a bunch of the sound effects ones that I really like.
Would be great if future versions were more customizable and had MIDI, but I still have to say it was well worth the price.
it's so so-so
Like so many Korg (and Roland and Yamaha) instruments, this app takes a Frankenstein @ the kitchen sink approach. If it provided a higher quality of much less it'd be a lot better.
Many many sounds, sure; a scant handful of which sound or feel okay. The coolest snippets you create start sounding an aw-aw-awful lot alike...
A gadgety gimmick, more toy then tool. I paid 10 bucks, so who's the fool?
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 16, 2015
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 38.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: KORG INC.
- © 2011-2015 KORG INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- EDM Sound Set$2.99