古琴 Guqin - Ancient Chinese Zither
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Attention: iOS 8.3 disabled a few features. A fix is on the way. Thanks for understanding.
For sound issues, scroll down for solutions.
The Ancient Chinese 古琴 Guqin is one of the oldest and most expressive zithers in the world. Experience the most realistic digital Guqin simulator today. 11 gorgeous sound sets to play anywhere. Slide pitches and hit harmonic overtones just like on the real thing.
The Guqin's relaxing tones and expressive complexity have made it the ancient scholar's music instrument of choice. Confucius was a master of the Guqin.
Visit http://www.wkode.com for mini-lessons, demos, etc. Please rate and tell your music buddies. Thank you.
----------- World Wide User Reviews ------------
5 STARS - After using this App for months, I can say this App is the best Guqin App in market (USA)
5 STARS - ...this project may be the consumer breakthrough for digital guqins and digitization of guqin music ever since Chen Changlin’s guqin MIDI project in 1987 (Toronto Guqin Society)
5 STARS - At first, I was afraid that the app was a battery hog… until I looked at the time. I had spent 6 hours playing, and I would swear that it was only 1... THAT’S how addictive this app is. (USA)
5 STARS - One of the oldest of most cultured ancient instruments is right at your fingertips. Well worth it! (USA)
----------- Trouble Shooting Section ------------
If the app crashes, delete it and re-install it again. You won't get charged again. Sorry for any inconveniences.
!!! No sound on the iPad? 2 common causes:
1. The software volume lock is on. Double tap home button for the task bar, scroll left to find the volume lock and turn it off. The hardware lock is next to the volume buttons.
2. The system sound engine crashed. Enter device's settings. Tap "General" > "Sounds" and minimize then maximize the volume bar to refresh the sound engine.
3. Visit http://wp.wkode.com/?page_id=100 for more detail video.
----------- Awesome Features ------------
- Full soundboard - accessible by 2 or 3 finger left/right swipes on the iPhone or buttons on the iPad
- Relaxing Background Music for meditation
- 22 different tuning patterns for different scales
- 11 sampled instrument sounds: Classical Guitar, 2 Guqins & 1 Mini-Guqin, Guzheng, Koto, Shamisen, Saz Lute, Oud Lute, and 2 Harmonic Overtones
- Realistic Harmonics (Release both left and right hand at 13 harmonic spots (hui) simultaneously)
- Harmonic shortcuts for iPad users
- Realistic Tremolo (flick up and down)
- Slide pitches like on the real Chinese Guqin
What's New in Version 1.3.1
- New Mini Guqin Sampled Sounds
- New Mini Guqin Harmonic Sounds
Great Guqin App
After using this App for months, I can say this App is the best Guqin App in market (probably including Other mobile App market) Taking the benefits of iPad, App creator design this App very well and easy to apply and does update to improve user interface. For some, the 9.99 price tag may be high. But for Guqin fan, this App could be the best you can get. Buying it at discount is available few times a year.
I play real Guqi,but this one on the iPad not very easy to play with it.. It's difficult to understand it.
Hasn't been updated since 2012. Doesn't make a sound on my iPad Air. Be wise, save you're money!