By Facebook, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instantly connect with the people in your life. Messenger is free, fast, and secure.
- Reach anyone. You can use names or phone numbers to find friends.
- Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
- Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
- Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
- Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It's free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
- Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
- Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you're up to.
- Play games and compete with your friends. You can compare scores and see how you rank against other people.
- Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
What's New in Version 147.0
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Messenger features. Thanks for using Messenger!
Great but definitely could be better!
Compared to previous versions of the app this is by far the best one but personally I think it would definitely be much better if a few things were changed on it. Even just the smallest changes could make it way better. Simplicity is key always. With this being said I think by making the main messenger screen less complex and having it to where you can go in the app and out quicker could have a great affect on everything including the ratings. Meaning having the Messenger App uncomplicated and more straight forward I know I would personally be happier with it and use it daily and as well as a good amount of individuals I know. For example if someone could get on message a friend & respond right back; almost compared to AIM or slightly like iMessage. It would change the game completely and have a higher rating guaranteed. Only asking to take it into consideration. :)
The Facebook app forces you to get this instead of just use the regular messages tab within the Facebook app. It's creation was redundant (what with the previously mentioned already functional messages tab,) inconvenient, and really just a waste of space on my phone, but if you communicate with anyone through Facebook messages, you kind of need it. Even after deleting it, just seeing a little red dot lingering in the corner of the regular Facebook app any time you receive a new message, forces you to either go on your desktop or redownload the app just to check the message. God forbid you turn off notifications for the Messenger app, then a different little red dot refuses to let you forget that “YOU NEED YOUR NOTIFICATIONS ON.” I don’t. That’s why I turned them off. This wasn't revolutionary in design, yet Facebook is constantly pestering you to use it, and honestly whoever thought it up should be fired from the company.
Wish it wasn’t so
Last night. I was there for a Christmas party.
I have been there at least 5 times, for wedding parties, holiday events, etc. This time , I wish I passed . The food lacked flavor. The salmon and pork was old and over cooked. The lamb too, was tough from over cooking. The service rushed over us and took food away , shortly after it was served. No smiles. Just authoritative looks to give them our plates and flatware, when they take them away. Slamming dishes into buss buckets, near our tables with no regard for our presence. No one in our party was blown away with happiness. The singers , had no business being up on stage. There were mostly flat and pitchy in their poorly attempted performances . We drove 3 hours to get there and couldn’t wait to leave after an hour. Just want to say. I personally love this place and hope this was just an off night.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 13, 2017
- Version: 147.0
- Size: 242 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.