PDF Pro – Advanced PDF Reader
By Dominic Rodemer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fast – Stable - Comprehensive: PDF Pro is the advanced PDF Reader for your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch!
Features At A Glance:
• High Speed:
Rapid viewing of PDF documents
Add PDFs via iTunes, Dropbox, WiFi or direct download from the web
Sort and group your PDFs with folders
Tag your PDFs and Folders with colored labels
Smooth display of very large PDF files
Search within PDF documents with full text search
• Table of Contents and Links:
Accesses the table of contents of PDFs and directly supports linked content within PDFs
Page previews of every page in a document
• Bookmarks and Notes:
Add and Edit Bookmarks and Notes
Allows you to open PDFs from other Apps (e.g. Mail or Safari)
Send PDF files as E-Mails
Print PDFs directly from your iPhone or iPad
Support for password-protected PDFs
And much, much more...
What's New in Version 2.4.1
- iOS 7 display issues has been fixed.
PDF Pro 2 is available on the App Store! Rewritten from scratch and optimized for iOS 7 with a beautiful new UI, improved performance and a lot of new features!
Get it now!
Fast but unstable and lacking
Hands down the fastest PDF reader I have seen, flips pages instantly, no loading, no pausing, no waiting. Preview mode takes a while to load up, but seems to be stored forever once it does which is very nice. Interface takes a bit to figure out, there are no instructions, by default sorts in reverse alphabetical order by load batches which is odd. List view has no thumbnails or alphabet headers. Your place in a PDF is not retained between views unlike every other reader I have seen, which is a crime given it's saving the previews it builds. It does have bookmarking and searching, so it's not a total loss, just not as convenient, but there is notes in the bookmarks so lack of annotation tools isn't a total loss either. No tagging, so you can put files in folders, but not multi tag to organize. Allows file renaming. Unfortunately it's entirely unstable and crashes out constantly. In some cases, it decides it doesn't like part of a file and will always crash on that page so you can never view it. Same file works in other readers, so it's an app issue, and rather insulting given they list stability as a key feature.
Lacks minimum required features
1. No continuos vertical scrolling (when you add this, for the love of all that is good and holy please include horizontal scroll lock when zoomed - so irritating without this)
2. Zoom is lost on page flip (otherwise I might be able to live without #1 but I would hate to)
If you add #1 with horizontal scroll lock when zoomed you will have the best reader on the market (for reading at least, have not tried other features because I can't really use your app due to issue #2 above). Will upgrade rating when these are fixed.
Great Reader with Minor Flaws
It is a great reader modelled on the lines of iBook. Very clean and elegant interface. I loved the app. A couple of things I note which the dev team can look into the future releases are
1. There is no night reading mode. The white background is constant and cannot be changed. This is irritating on the eye when indoors and too bright
2. A couple of other themes should be given by default. A white background is a battery drainer and the user should be allowed to change the same
3. Option to change the foreground and background colors
4. Page flips are slow for big documents
If these minor things are fixed it is going to make this great app a highly recommended app. !!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2013
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Dominic Rodemer
- © Dominic Rodemer
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.