rTimer - Interval Timer For Runners
By Coder Cowboy, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
rTimer is an easy-to-use interval training application for iPhone and iPod Touch. rTimer pauses your music, and plays interval change sounds to notify that your interval has switched.
What is Interval Training?
Interval Training is a form of exercise where you alternate between high and low intensity activity for set periods of time. You can use interval training to help train for long distance running.
You can easily configure a given interval by touching the interval's description on the main screen. From there you will be able to configure the title, time, background color, and sound for the selected interval.
When you are ready to start your interval training, simply select the "Start Timer" button on the home screen.
* Easy to use, easy to understand.
* Customizable interval labels, sounds, background colors, and times.
* Instant audio status alerts for interval time left and total time elapsed are right at your finger tips by tapping or double tapping the screen.
* Ipod music is paused when interval sounds and status alerts play, so you never miss an interval switch.
* More than 20 interval sounds to choose from, including chimes, beeps, short song clips, and spoken words such as "Run".
* Works in the background, so you can multitask without missing an interval change.
* Large music playback controls right on the interval screen make it easy for you to pause, play, and navigate your music.
* Keep the screen unlocked, and pause/resume the timer with a simple tap or swipe.
* Works with other music players such as Pandora, Rhapsody, and Spotify. (Music for these third party apps cannot be paused or changed by rTimer, sorry).
* Supports as many intervals as you need, simply add or remove intervals by tapping "+" or "-".
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Wow - surprisingly excited
I am happy to say that when I bought this App I thought to myself "if it doesn't work well no big lose its not expensive at all and worth a try"...so happy that I tried it out. You can use other Apps at the same and switch back and forth which is the best part. It's great to have the music pause for a second to tell you what to do. Couldn't be happier and feel bad for those who don't enjoy this application.
Whatever bugs or negative feedback was listened to and this app now works great!
Love this app! Has everything I need.
Doesn't run in the background - iPhone 4 iOS 7
The app does what it is supposed to do. My issue is that it doesn't run in the background. I can launch any other app I have, and switch off the screen with the power button, and they will run just fine: Music app, Mail, etc… When doing that with rTimer, it just stops. So I have to have it running and on the screen and the screen on.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 18, 2012
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Coder Cowboy, LLC
- © 2012 Coder Cowboy, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.