Weird But True
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Winner of Spring 2012 Parents’ Choice Funstuff Award * New York Times App to Keep Kids Happy * Chosen as App of the Week, New & Noteworthy, What’s Hot, and Staff Favorite by Apple *
The best-selling Weird But True app is better than ever with more facts, more sounds, more surprises, and more fun! With a fresh new look and exciting new content, Weird But True has even more mind-benders than ever before—more than 900 kid-friendly facts!
Did you know a hippo's lips are about two feet wide? Or that didaskaleinophobia is the fear of going to school? Or that before toothpaste was invented some people cleaned their teeth with charcoal? Filled with wacky facts and tantalizing trivia that will engage curious kids and parents alike, Weird But True presents each of the 625 facts in a fun, colorful, and interactive format that will keep kids entertained—and learning—for hours! And parents can rest easy knowing that each fact is age-appropriate and handpicked by a brand they know and trust: National Geographic Kids.
- Download all 7 Fact Packs for hours of fun and entertainment.
- Swipe to move from fact to fact or shake the device to see a random fact.
- Use the Weird-O-Meter to rate the level of “weirdness” for each fact and monitor results from all users on the Weirdest Facts list!
- Bookmark your favorites or share the grossest facts with your friends via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Use the Fact Finder to locate facts about your favorite subjects—animals, weather, space, science, and more!
- Loaded with sound effects and awesome surprises, Weird But True is fun for kids of all ages!
Based on the phenomenally popular department in National Geographic Kids magazine and best-selling book franchise, Weird But True is available for iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad as a single purchase.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
-Goldfish® advertisements removed
This app is awesome. It tells you lots of facts that you never even knew. I guess it's true, it's boring but there's books called "weird but true". The books are trying to Tell you fun facts which are nice to know. Some are actually bizarre and you don't even believe that but this app doesn't lie. Every fact is true and YOU SHOULD TOTALLY GET THIS APP! There is no bugs and no bad things here.
Plz fix the bugs
I love the idea of the app and the like button so u don't loose that one CRAZY fact and the weird-o-meter and that u get free facts and there is a "that's weird" button where an animal pops up and it says that and that theres a index BUT ever time I swipe the page or exit the weird-o-meter it crashes, so plz fix the bugs. oh and u should make a mute button where u can turn the sound affects on and off, thx! 😀
The initial pack is neat but we are unable to purchase additional packs??? So after you go through them once or twice its pointless. I read your upgrades. You have most certainly NOT fixed the in app purchase feature. It just freezes and does nothing. Very sad customer service from such a big well known company.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 03, 2014
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 64.5 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mega Pack$1.99
- Fact Pack 1$0.99
- Fact Pack 3$0.99
- Fact Pack 2$0.99
- Fact Pack 6$0.99
- Fact Pack 5$0.99
- Fact Pack 4$0.99