Weird But True
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
In-app purchase issue has been resolved. Please try again!
* Winner of Spring 2012 Parents’ Choice Funstuff Award * New York Times App to Keep Kids Happy * Chosen as App of the Week, New & Noteworthy, What’s Hot, and Staff Favorite by Apple *
The best-selling Weird But True app is better than ever with more facts, more sounds, more surprises, and more fun! With a fresh new look and exciting new content, Weird But True has even more mind-benders than ever before—more than 900 kid-friendly facts!
Did you know a hippo's lips are about two feet wide? Or that didaskaleinophobia is the fear of going to school? Or that before toothpaste was invented some people cleaned their teeth with charcoal? Filled with wacky facts and tantalizing trivia that will engage curious kids and parents alike, Weird But True presents each of the 625 facts in a fun, colorful, and interactive format that will keep kids entertained—and learning—for hours! And parents can rest easy knowing that each fact is age-appropriate and handpicked by a brand they know and trust: National Geographic Kids.
- Download all 7 Fact Packs for hours of fun and entertainment.
- Swipe to move from fact to fact or shake the device to see a random fact.
- Use the Weird-O-Meter to rate the level of “weirdness” for each fact and monitor results from all users on the Weirdest Facts list!
- Bookmark your favorites or share the grossest facts with your friends via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Use the Fact Finder to locate facts about your favorite subjects—animals, weather, space, science, and more!
- Loaded with sound effects and awesome surprises, Weird But True is fun for kids of all ages!
Based on the phenomenally popular department in National Geographic Kids magazine and best-selling book franchise, Weird But True is available for iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad as a single purchase.
What's New in Version 2.1
-3 NEW Fact Packs! In-app purchase issue has been resolved. Please try again!
-Brand new re-designed home page
People, if u don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. It is supposed to be like a book. Do books change when u flip the page? No, they don't. It is a very nice app. So if u don't like it just delete it, don't say mean stuff about the app. Please consider. Say stuff to either improve or say u like the app u know? Don't be rude...
I like this app. It's amazing and fun. I really don't mind the crashes.😃LOVE IT!!!
This is definitely a great app full of fascinating facts! But there is one glitch that I would like to address. When using VoiceOver, Apple's built-in accessibility feature for blind people, I found that the app is completely inaccessible. If this glitch was fixed, blind children could also enjoy Weird But True, so if the developers could fix this problem, the visually impaired community would very much appreciate it. Thank you!
Cool, could add some stuff
I love the book. I just downloaded the game and I read the first pack out loud to my family. We loved it except we wish there were more facts. The first book has about 15 facts, and then you have to pay to get more books. My nine year old gets board with it, and I recommend you download this game if you have a child less than 6 years old. But over all, it's an awesome game!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 19, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 64.1 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mega Pack$1.99
- Fact Pack 1$0.99
- Fact Pack 3$0.99
- Fact Pack 2$0.99
- Fact Pack 6$0.99
- Fact Pack 4$0.99
- Fact Pack 5$0.99