Grocery List Generator - Create shopping lists and store all your recipes.
By Martijn Kooij
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Grocery shopping, reinvented.
Going out for grocery shopping? Make sure you have the Grocery List Generator (GLG) app on your device and you’ll be well-prepared! The GLG helps organize your recipes and create a tidy and complete shopping list. Enter your own recipes including all the necessary ingredients. And yes, there’s room for your toothpaste and laundry detergent as well. Add all your stores and make your own aisle mapping to create a shopping list optimized for each store. To make your list, simply tap some recipes check your stock items and finish it off by selecting any non-food items you need. GLG makes grocery shopping easy and fun!
The main GLG features:
- Enter your recipes including description, ingredients, quantities and photo;
- Add recipe ingredients and other groceries to the extensive built-in items list;
- The sync feature keeps everything up to date on your own devices, or on your partner's device;
- Add all your stores and sort aisles in the right order;
- Share a recipe or your grocery list with friends through Twitter, email or copying the link;
- Import recipes from other GLG app users;
- Use your synced grocery list on your Pebble Watch;
- Import a grocery list from a friend.
Creating a grocery list and shopping:
- Simply tap a recipe from the list to add all its ingredients to your shopping list;
- Complete your shopping list by adding non recipe related items;
- Your shopping list is automatically sorted, based on your own stores and aisle mapping;
- While shopping tap items to move them to your “In my cart” list;
Advanced GLG features.
- Search recipes and ingredients by keyword;
- Separate non-food items from recipe ingredients (because toothpaste and macaroni don't mix);
- Create a stock item if you want to only manually add it to your shopping list;
- The order of aisles can be easily modified;
- Merge two aisles into one to easily reorganize your items.
Try before you buy: Lite version.
We also offer a Lite version of the Grocery List Generator app if you’d like to try it out first. The Lite version offers the same features as the standard version, but the number of recipes and items you can add, is limited. If you’re happy with it, you can buy the full version for unlimited storage!
From the creators of the successful Firefox add-on.
The GLG app is designed by the creators of the award winning Firefox add-on Grocery List Generator. This Firefox version has been downloaded over 250,000 times since 2005 with a 4 out of 5 stars ranking. In the 2009 Mozilla Extend Firefox 3.5 competition the Grocery List Generator was the first prize winner in the "Best Shopping Add-On" category!
Would you like to help us improve the GLG App even further? Please email your suggestions to: email@example.com.
What's New in Version 2.9.0
- Deleting of items, recipes and aisles is now also synchronized on your other devices;
- A new grocery list is now always synchronized correctly, even if an older list is still present on any of your other devices;
- From now on, instead of swipe left, tap "select ingredients..." to remove an ingredient from a recipe;
- The last tapped item will appear at the top of the "In my shopping cart" section;
- The "Clear" message and action buttons on "My list" respond to the content;
- Bugfix: adding new items directly from a recipe was disabled;
- Various other improvements in the synchronization mechanism.
Functional, but could be more user friendly
I have tried quite a few shopping lists so far. This one is on the higher end and allows a good item management, although I would like to have the possibility to insert a picture of the product I am searching for in the store. Price info would be great to see for budget limits or comparison to other stores. Overall, the app could be a little more user friendly. You have to remember that holding down your finger on an item will eventually open the edit mode. If you only tap it, that will increase the quantity (on the left side) or reduce the qty (on the right side) of the item in your shopping cart.
But I find this app very functional and it is the one I am currently using for my purchases. After improving or implementing some of the above features I may update my review and consider a 5-star rating. Thanks!
Interesting but misses the mark
I gave this app three stars for its well thought out interface and integration of items into recipes. What cuts it short for me is that this is missing many things that are essential for shopping lists. One of those things is the ability to list prices. The other is the ability to list quantity of product. Without those two things, this app just misses the mark and can't be my default shopping list app.
Once you get the hang of the app and setup your items the app is quite useful.
App needs an update to resolve usability issues. Example, you entered an item such as lettuce that you buy at Grocery store X. You want to start shopping at grocery store Y for lettuce - either cheaper or you move. According to the app as it is now you have to delete and re enter your items with the new store or put them in as generic grocery store.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Nov 20, 2014
- Version: 2.9.0
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French
- Seller: Martijn Kooij
- © 2014 Martijn Kooij
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.