By The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LDS Music is your source for music of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS, also known as Mormons). Browse and search the Hymns and Children's Songbook, read the words and sheet music, and listen to accompaniments.
English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French are currently supported, and we are in the process of preparing additional languages. We are also working on adding additional music, including the Seminary video soundtracks and Young Women's camp songs.
We want you to enjoy LDS Music as you make use of it at home, at church, on the commute, or anywhere else you happen to be. If you have any questions or problems with the app, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of you.
What's New in Version 1.6.2
You can now select the Vocal Audio option on the "Now Playing" screen. Once a song starts playing, the "Now Playing" screen will appear. Tap the "Music Only" button to select which audio type you prefer. Your preference will be remembered the next time you press play.
- The app is much more responsive!
- Numeric search is improved, with a keypad option and better ordering.
- An alternative audio type is automatically played when the preferred type is unavailable.
- An "Add all songs..." feature has been added to the add to playlist menu which adds all songs in the list to the playlist.
- You can send feedback from within the app by quickly tapping the screen three times with two fingers (previously only one finger was required).
- Removed the ability to sort songs by number when the songs don’t have numbers.
- Changed first lines of songs (in an alphabetical list of songs) to display in italics rather than gray.
- The app will remember what audio it was last playing, even after a reboot. On iOS 7, if LDS Music was the last app to play audio it will be re-launched when you first press play on any audio control (i.e. Control Center, headphones, bluetooth, etc.) after a reboot.
Stretched Phone App
I like that this has options for words and sheet music, that it has optional music to play for sing along or background, and that this is the official app. This is great for the iPhone, but on iPad it renders as a stretched phone app and doesn't make better use of the available space. It's also too bad that copyright does allow the digital use (in the app) of all hymns in the hymn book (some are blocked).
The optional music somewhat sounds like violins, but it would be nice to have a preferences area where I can pick what instrument sound to have used and have a grand piano as an option (if not the default option).
It would be nice if this were in the same app as the official gospel library, rather than as a separate app.
Rename to include "hymns"?
This is a great app. Nice to have, that's for sure.
Sounds funny, but you could you include the word "hymns" in the title? I always find myself searching my phone for "hymns" and this app of course never comes up.
All over the church, we call the physical books "hymnbooks", not "music books". Seems like a small thing, but replicating our physical world norms in the App Store would help people find the hymns, I'm sure...
Some possible variations include:
- LDS Hymns and Music
- LDS Music and Hymns
- LDS Music (Hymns)
So great! However, there is one SUPER minor issue, that just bugs me, so it's not really a software issue. When you're on the sheet music in landscape mode, and you get to the end of the song, you can scroll down and release to go to the top of the page, however I feel like you have to scroll down too far. It just doesn't really feel as natural as I would hope.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 19, 2014
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 27.3 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Belarusian, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kekchí, Korean, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- © 2014 Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.