Waypoint - Never Lose Your Way Again
By Seby Moisei
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: Waypoint is designed to be used in the remote, outdoor areas, where phone or internet signal does not reach. Because of this, this app DOESN'T have or use any mapping functionality.
The MustHave App for everyone serious about the OUTDOORS. Waypoint is a fun Navigation App that shows you the STRAIGHT LINE DIRECTION and distance to a destination set by you before. All of this without needing an internet connection to work.
★★★★★ WHAT CAN YOU USE IT FOR?! ★★★★★
● Want to go gather mushrooms in the forest -> Save Location in Waypoint right before entering the forest -> Go search mushrooms -> Use Waypoint to get back;
● Get to new City to visit a friend -> Save Location in Waypoint -> Send Location to Friend living in City -> Friend uses Waypoint to find you;
● Are at a big concert with friends -> Get thirsty for a Soda -> Go get Soda -> Get Lost from your friends -> Ask them to Save and Send you their Location -> Use Waypoint to get back to your friends;
● Let your imagination fill these points ...
★★★★★ KEY FEATURES ★★★★★
● Beautiful Retina Graphics & Animations;
● Instant Load: App loads in less than a second;
● Save Current Location into Database;
● Add Locations into Database if you know Coordinates;
● Send Saved Locations to friends via SMS or E-Mail;
● Useful Flashlight for finding your way in the dark;
● Based purely on GPS and Compass Hardware - cellular or Wi-Fi signal NOT REQUIRED;
NOTE: For best accuracy, use Waypoint only outside, where you have a clear path to the sky. Walls lower GPS accuracy and big metal objects near the device impact the Compass.
NOTE: If issues appear, please use the support site so we can target and fix them, thanks.
What's New in Version 1.21
● Optimized for iPhone 5;
On have 25 letters including spaces for a description. It does not scroll and show you what else is there. All of my descriptions are longer than that. Please update and fix this. I can't tell where my waypoints are! Also if you accidentally turn the app on and don't wait for it to triangulate the satellite and hit save this location you get a warning that will not go away. You have to physically close the app and not just hitting the home button. Tap the home button twice and then choose app to close to turn off app. This is not deleting the app like holding it down on the home screen. Bogus.
Perfect hiking/camping/outdoor app
Just what I was looking for (and I tried a lot!). Best part is the very intuitive interface to mark current location or to add/edit a new location. GPS strength indicator and flashlight a plus! Nice work!
Works great, did notice that if you edit a point and click save w/o making changes it deletes the point. Some skins would make this even better! I like that you can add a point using lat and lon.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 13, 2013
- Version: 1.21
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sergiu Sebastian Moisei
- © 2013 Seby Moisei
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.