Wake Up Light - Alarm Clock
By Rocky Sand Studio Ltd.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Wake Up Light is a very special alarm clock for your Mac. It wakes you up with a full screen gradually brightening light to help you feel more energized all day. The beautiful sunrise effect is a natural cue for your body to increase the level of cortisone, which is also referred to as the energy hormone.
Wake Up Light simulates sunrise at the speed of your choice, so you can adjust it to suit your personal preference. At the alarm time the chosen sound turns on, and the sunrise effect reaches it's brightest.
- full screen sunrise with adjustable clock position
- lot of natural and basic alarm sounds
- add custom sounds at your choice
- can be used as a simple alarm clock
- personalized sunrise time
- snooze by pressing any key at full screen
- fade alarm sound volume
- customizable snooze time
- 24-hour mode
- realistic LCD nicely displays the current time and the day of the week
- Main Switch button easily and quickly turns alarming on and off
- HUD display
Contact us at Rocky Sand Studio http://www.rockysandstudio.com
What's New in Version 2.2.1
IMPORTANT: OS X 10.6 is not supported from this version, contact us for 10.6 compatible version download.
several bug fixes
Better than iOS apps! Cheaper than a Dawn Simulator!...
...Able to leap tall buildings… well, maybe not… ;-)
I've tried iOS dawn simulator apps. They can't completely darken the screen. Standalone dawn simulator lamps are too blasted expensive, even on eBay. This works! If you download the helper, your screen will go completely dark, then brighten with alarm according to your preferences. The sounds are… less than inspiring, true, but you can add your own if you don't like theirs.
More expensive than IOS? Sure. Cheaper than $100 for a standalone lamp? You bet. If your screen is bright enough to wake you (mine is), this will get you out of bed and rolling.
Does What it Should
This is a no-nonsense alarm which features increasing light and sound. When you set it, you can have a sound which fades and you do get to choose. I have 3 areas for improvement:
- at night the Heads up Display is kind of nice so you know what time it is but it's not really on a black background - there's too much light 'leakage'
- the sunrise is really cheesy; why not just substitute a nice picture
- the right slider control thingy can be a pain to open/close
You need it. You want it. Get it. End of discussion.
It does everything you want, everything you think it should, it's a cool conversation piece, it's cool just to look at, the built in sounds WILL wake you, uploading your own tracks is simple convenient and all it should be…
There's no reason not to get this.
And there's nothing about this you don't need that'll bother you enough to be a bother.
Now stop and just get it already.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jun 07, 2013
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rocky Sand Studio Ltd.
- Rocky Sand Studio ©2011
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor